cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: WARNING: Splashless Clorox Bleach jug erodes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Xiao: Does your jug have an expiration date? Any sort of warning about the Consequences of using past date?

I am guessing this issue is specific to the Splashless variety.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

Thank you for sharing. I too don’t use bleach often and have two really old jugs. One is regular bleach the other is scented which I more recently learned doesn’t actually disinfect.

Welshcar
Deal Ambassador

I have noticed that bleach degrades over time. I once opened a bottle that had been in my garage for a couple of years. It had absolutely no bleach smell. I didn’t know if it would be effective so I threw it out. You know, like the saying goes, “ If in doubt, throw it out.”

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot  Nope, neither. However, it has “corrosive” written on the back and also a series of numbers/letters printed that Clorox can probably trace it back when it was manufactured.

Or maybe not…I’m almost too embarrassed to say this, but we’re all friends here and no shaming, right? On the cap, it still has a red circle sticker (proof that it was paid) from the store, but they went out of business in 2013 - dun, dun, dun! 😱 I have a feeling I even bought it well before 2013 😱😱😱.
Since there’s only a little bit left, I’m debating whether to flush it down the toilet…

C10CD7A3-045B-49EA-B8EA-9FA9A3C3A24A.jpeg

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Xiao: Hahaha! Yes, we're all friends here. And as "they" say: confession is good for the soul! Haha! 

Is that the SPLASHLESS variety? Your label does not look at all Ilke my label (altho I likely purchased mine in late 2019). 

It's understandable to warn about the product losing it's punch or being corrosive, but when it corrodes the packaging itself....well, that's a different story!

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot  Thank you for making me feel better!
My bottle doesn’t say ‘splashless’ because it’s so old and from the ‘pre-splashless’ days. I have a couple of old t-shirts to prove that it was definitely NOT splashless. 😆

0 Likes