cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Article/quiz ideas

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I actually blocked updates and am running Windows 9 because my dictation software is not compatible with 10 (and I'm sure won't be compatible with 11), so any time I hear about an upgrade, I worry.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I didn't even know there was a Windows 9.  I thought they went from Windows 8 (or 8.1) to 10.  But that was ages ago.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mmoore01   Maybe I'm still at windows 8 or 8.1 - I honestly have no idea. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

All we really can agree on with any certainty is that you are not on Windows 9......lol

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Saipan
Skilled Saver

Biggest issue with older units is RAM, so many have only 4GB, maybe 6GB, possibly 8GB. The most advanced Beta build of Windows 11 is available for install/testing now. I use the lowest  build, which does not have an 11 install available yet.

Regarding apps/software, I recommend one of the advanced Beta mobile Edge browser installs. Runs Kroger's mobile website like a breeze (@Rickibotta) . The drugsore websites run a little better, but I have yet to enjoy my experience on any of those consistently on any platform

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Saipan 

I disagree about the older units.  The RAM is not the issue for Win11.  It is the millions of PCs that don't have TPM 2.0 chip.  You can always add more RAM.  There are millions of computers that don't even have a TPM chip at all, not even 1.2, and if your chipset doesn't support it, there is nothing you can do about it)

I don't use Edge.  I am hopelessly using chrome.  Probably because Chrome is actually about the best browsing experience with Android devices.   So I  haven't had to learn a new browser in years.  And  I love organizing the tabs with colored groupings in chrome now.  Maybe some day I will give edge a try.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Saipan
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta

Than if you have not, maybe check out the Beta builds of Chrome mobile. Both sets should be real similar.

0 Likes

Saipan
Skilled Saver

You can manually verify the TPM of a computer, if you have not done so already:

Windows key + "R"

Then type "tpm.msc".

I have one 2.0 and one 1.2.

0 Likes