Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser extension now finds you the best deal

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

extension.png 

Big news! The Ibotta browser extension just got a major upgrade. Now you can compare prices, set price drop and restock alerts, and check price history on all your favorite products. New features – same great cash back.

Coming soon to a browser near you

Don’t see the price comparison tools yet? No sweat. We’re rolling out these exciting new features just as fast as our computers will take us! We’ve already started giving access to select Savers, and the features should be available to everyone in late November or early December – just in time to get the best deal on those holiday gifts.

How to get the best deal with the Ibotta browser extension

Use price comparison to see who’s got the lowest price:  View on-demand price comparisons while you shop online. See a better deal? Just click on it to go straight to the retailer site and check out. Easy money.

On average, folks are saving $17 when shopping online with the Ibotta browser extension - have you found any lower deals with it yet?

Share your Ibotta price comparison experience with us in this thread and earn a limited time badge!
23 Replies

Re: Browser extension now finds you the best deal

LaraL
Community Manager

If any of you get a chance to use this new function let me know what you think! We were going to beta test this the feature however it would require distribution of a special version which turned into too much of a lift before launch.

I've seen it in action and it's actually really helpful. You can be shopping on Amazon and it (the extension) will pop up indicating which stores have a better price. Great tool for Holiday shopping!

Saipan
Rewards Advocate

@LaraL

I will try to check it out.

LaraL
Community Manager

It's on a gradual rollout, so you may or may not have access to it at this moment. You'll likely know when it's active for your account, if the extension is installed.

Dean

I saw it this morning when browsing Walgreens. I was searching for Rohto. Turns out Walmart is OOS (shocking!) and the others were not in my area or higher priced. I thought I had seen this feature over the weekend because it does a little animation but I didn’t click on it. Looks good. 

(’๏_๏`) The moment you realize 2022 is pronounced “2020 too”.

LaraL
Community Manager

Yeah! That's the one. The rollout was started a few days ago so that lines up.

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@LaraL I was able to use the new extension feature, as well.  It worked great.

LaraL
Community Manager

That's great to hear! If you (or anyone else) ever have any feedback to share let me know. The team that developed it is wanting to hear ways to improve or experiences in general.

Telinareininger
Shopper

How do you do that I'm still learning

LaraL
Community Manager

@Telinareininger do you have the browser extension installed currently?