cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Browser extension now finds you the best deal

Dean

@LaraL Here's what I found searching for a couple of items. I'm just guessing but it seems like Walmart will be a primary store in these comparisons, and the results are based on inventory checking.

I looked up Rohto Dry-Aid Lubricating Eye Drops on Walgreens.com and the extension provided five comparisons in two visits. These were for Walmart (OOS), Albertson's, Kroger, Amazon, and Newegg. Newegg was a surprising result. The nearest Alberstson's and Kroger stores are hundreds of miles away. And all had higher prices that Walgreen's price of $9.99. What I didn't see was local stores like HEB and CVS in the results. I have three Ibotta offers for this product that includes a lot of stores. So I checked their sites and found this product wasn't carried by HEB and the nearest CVS is OOS but other stores show in stock. So that's why I believe the results are done with inventory check and location searching.

A search for a more common item had similar results. I searched Walgreens for Butterfinger Candy Bar Single. The comparison stores were Walmart, Albertson's, HEB, Kroger, and Amazon, in that order. The nearest CVS was OOS but other CVS stores show in stock. I'm curios why local convenience and dollar stores aren't included. It's not easy to check their stock so that may be the reason.

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.

KATELYN
Rewards Hunter

good site for everyone that needs the help

DanyelN
Skilled Saver

It popped up while I was trying to fill a Wal Mart grocery order, not especially useful for groceries but I could see it being very useful for certain things.  I wish I could choose which stores it compares though.  It uses some stores that are not anywhere in my area, like Kroger.  I also appreciate the option to track prices for items that you compare.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Capital one just came out with something similar..  and there was honey.and flipp.

I have tried several and they all came up short.  If you just want a good deal and don't have high expectations, any of them will do.  But none really can keep up with the most recent discount codes. 

Plus I still have 5 or 10 different cashback sites  that I use for click thru CBOs.   There are even sites you use to search for which CB site offers the highest % off at a particular website  And different CB sites have different promotions at different times, such as complete any online purchase. And get $10 bonus.  So for that I bought something on EBAY for $1, and I will get the $10CB bonus.

And then there are the sites where you request notification where an item you are interested in hits a certain price point. 

I personally only use one of these 'check for best price' apps/functions if used in conjunction with my own searching.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta

@DanyelN

@Dean

Thanks all for taking the time to play with the new features and for giving your detailed feedback. I just might try it now.

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

@LaraL,

I just used the extension browser on my Chromebook. It is a nice feature and let me know that something I was interested in was cheaper at another store. I think I will be using it more in the future for comparison shopping. The browser extension feature just popped up as I was viewing different products so I didn't need to jump through hoops to figure out how to use it. Very important as technology is a struggle for me to learn how to use properly. The team did a great job designing it.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Glad to hear it, and thank you everyone for the feedback! @Dean I shared yours (and everyone else's) feedback internally and they're actually looking into fixing the grocery stores showing up that are not in your area.

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@LaraL 

Super easy to use when shopping through the browser extension. Took me a minute to figure out how to use tool I was looking for an icon. This is tool is super simple, click on selected product page open and the comparison tool goes to work. This is another layer of savings available to Ibotta shoppers.

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"

Justcyn
Rewards Hunter

Already saved almost $20 on the purchase of Rachel Ray covered skillet on Cyber Monday. Love this extension!

Aksj5122
Rewards Hunter

Can you get the extention for mobile browsers? 

0 Likes