Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip the receipt thanks to Walmart!

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Ibotta_Social_ WalmartIntegration (2).png

Thanks to Walmart, you are now able to receive cash back within minutes of checking out. All you have to do is pay with the card that is already connected to your Walmart Pay account. No more uploading receipts! 

Don’t worry, you can still use Walmart Pay with Ibotta and get cash back that way. Just make sure you have your Ibotta account linked to Walmart.

Note: This is part of our direct integration with Walmart and it's not available to everyone.

Read more about this new integration with Walmart here.

4 Replies

Re: Skip the receipt thanks to Walmart!

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

One step is missing from your details:  You have to link Ibotta with Walmart.  You didn't mention this.

When I first read your post, I thought it was changing to be based on my credit card.  I don't have Ibotta linked with Walmart, but I do use the credit card that is in my Walmart.com account.

The link you included does explain that you must link Ibotta with my Walmart account, though.

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

@LaraL The article says we can upload a receipt for cash back when shopping in-store.  So, how does that work exactly?  If our account is linked it’s automatically going to Ibotta and if we then scan won’t we get duplicate receipt error?  

We’ll do all the work

Link your Walmart account to Ibotta for cash back however you like to shop – in-store, or online with pickup and delivery. Just link your account in the Ibotta app, and you’ll be ready to shop in-store and online. You can still upload a receipt for cash back when you’re shopping in-store, too.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@mmoore01 thank you, I added that in just now.

@Be-Bop-A-Lula you're able to scan a receipt in these instances:

• using EBT at checkout (unless it's tied to Walmart Pay and Walmart Pay is used)
  • using gift card at checkout (unless it's tied to Walmart Pay and Walmart Pay is used)
  • using cash

Generally we don't receive transaction data from Walmart in those cases, and a receipt upload would be the way to go.

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

@LaraL Thank you for providing the details.