cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Locked???

SimplyShae
Rewards Hunter

9 days ago I woke up to discover my PayPal account was no longer linked to my Ibotta.  After re-linking the account, I was unable to withdraw funds.  I reached out to the help-desk, and when they responded, they asked be how I obtained referrals.  I sent them a reply, and waited days for them to send me a response with information about their affiliate program.  I replied again and asked if anyone was going to address my issue.  The response given from the account review team was “we are unable to unlock your account. You would need to contact the affiliate program to have the account unlocked.”  First, I am confused as to why my account is locked.  Secondly, it has been several days since I reached out to the affiliate program, and I have yet to receive a response.  I feel like my money is being held hostage.  What am I supposed to do? 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Account Locked???

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SimplyShae 

Rough spot to be in.  Unfortunately, the care team is the only  group who would be able to help you.  We are all just a bunch of ibotta users like you so we have no authority either.  Our ibotta liaison, @LaraL  is the only one who even can communicate directly with the care team.   But she can't overrule them or direct them to do anything.  Usually about all she can do is tell you that your account is locked or not, but it sounds like you already know you are.

The care team doesn't usually reach decisions like this lightly, but perhaps you can try to engege wth them again or reach out to them on facebook to try to get more details.   It just does not sound good.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

SimplyShae
Rewards Hunter

Thank you for your response.  I’m not certain that it is locked as most of the replies didn’t even address the issue but focused on how I obtained referrals.  One reply from the account review team stated the affiliate team would have to unlock my account, but a different reply indicated that PayPal and bank withdrawals had been down and that I should reinstall the app and try again.  That, however, didn’t work.  I never thought that sharing Ibotta with others would get my account locked and stop me from accessing my money 😞

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@SimplyShae your account was locked but it seems to be unlocked as of the 13th. Are you still having difficulties?

0 Likes