cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Gift Card Problem.

breakfasteggs
Shopper

My Apple ID account was locked out and then permanently banned after using Apple Gift Card from Ibotta. My husband’s account was suspended as well. Everything was fine just two weeks ago. Does anyone else have the same problem?

0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Apple Gift Card Problem.

123Save
Deal Ambassador

@breakfasteggs That sounds horrible. I just read an article on Quartz about your situation. It appears Apple has deemed the gift card you purchased as stolen. I guess criminals intercepted the shipment before it was delivered to a retailer and then it was sold on a discount site etc. Again, that’s just my theory based on the detailed account in the Quartz story.

@LaraL This may require some higher up escalation, especially when trying to get their Apple ID reinstated. I hope it’s an isolated issue!  

Edit: not sure if the google link will work for everyone but here’s the story:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/1683460/what-happens-to-your-itunes-account-when-apple-says-youv...

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@breakfasteggs that's the first time I've heard of such a thing. I'll ask around about it and update you once I hear something.

0 Likes

breakfasteggs
Shopper

Thank you! Please let me know when it’s okay to use Apple GC again.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Still no update on this just yet but I posted about it again.

0 Likes

breakfasteggs
Shopper

Still nothing? 😞

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything. Seems to be an isolated case that no one has heard of.

0 Likes