cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay available to purchase GC

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

I just noticed that Apple 🍎 Pay is now available to purchase gift cards.  Previously, I only had the option of using a debit card or Ibotta rebate earnings to purchase GC.  Is this something new?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Apple Pay available to purchase GC

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

Update:  now the Apple Pay is gone and my debit card is not working.  My bank says the debit card is fine but Ibotta has never allowed me to purchase gift cards with it.  Contacted support but only the Apple Pay worked for GC purchases.  @LaraL do you have any insights on this? Thanks.  

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@Sorensoj   It may have been a glitch within the app.  AFAIK, both google & apple pay are no longer supported as payment method for purchasing gift cards.  Only a debit card or your balance.    I'm not sure why your debit card isn't working.  Maybe there is a block from your bank allowing the authorization to purchase the gc.  Hope you get it sorted out!

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

Now the Apple Pay is back!

E411CD87-A6B1-4F1F-B3D0-7CB3F1AD1938.jpeg

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I haven't heard any internal updates about Apple Pay, but is it currently operational for you?

0 Likes

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@LaraL 

yes, the Apple Pay appears to continue to be operational.  I really like using it to purchase gift cards.