cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonuses don't update unless cache cleared

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I know this has been discussed a couple times, but it is very frustrating when the counts for the Bonuses do not update unless I clear the cache.  I have tried to pulled down on the screen, it doesn't help.  I have closed out the Ibotta app and removed it from memory.  Still doesn't update.

There have been at least TWO Ibotta updates since this was posted here. 

@LaraL Is Tech Support aware of the problem and are they working to fix this?  This is very annoying.

Thanks.

37 Replies

Re: Bonuses don't update unless cache cleared

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm going to screenshot this and share it right now. I'll let you know what I hear back.

LaraL
Community Manager

@mmoore01 how long generally are you waiting on the bonus updates? Like, minutes, hours, days?

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

After I submit a receipt, I usually check to see how many more I need.  Today, I scanned my receipt at the store and then looked at my bonus totals after I got home.  It was probably 20 minutes.

I closed the app and cleared it from memory.  I then reloaded it and the bonuses were still the same.  I then cleared the cache and reloaded Ibotta and the totals were updated.

This has been happening for a couple of weeks, I believe.

LaraL
Community Manager

Ok and how long does it take if you don't clear the cache?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@LaraL 

In some cases, it can be a few hours before new bonuses are automatically pushed to me. I know I have looked at 10 AM and not seen new bonuses and then logged out and back in, and then they appear.   The bonuses come at 9 AM, so that means it delays at least an hour.

I have always logged out and back in, but I see others clear cache.  That seems odd to me because I don't believe my cached is automatically cleared when I log out.   So there may be two distinct ways to get the new information - log out/log in <and> clear cache. 

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Nique
Skilled Saver

@LaraL The lag is hours to even a day for me. The notification in the upper R will say that I’m 33% of the way or something like that, but my bonus will still show as 0 offers or some other number that’s not current.

In the case of the Summer bonus we received last week, I knew I was getting it but didn’t know what it was until I redeemed a receipt and then it popped up as completed.

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

@LaraL 

I don't know how long before the counts finally get updated.  I guess I am too impatient and clear the cache so I can see how many more offers I must redeem to get the bonus.

It use to be pretty quick.  Yes, sometimes I had to close the app and then restart it, but that doesn't work anymore.

Ibottalp
Deal Sharer

I always clear my cache to get them to update too. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

I will have to check again, but last week logging out and back in is what allowed me to see the MWMM

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"