cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bonuses don't update unless cache cleared

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I have cleared Data many times.  As far as I can see, clearing data makes you re-enter your email address and password.

However, only clearing cache seems to be needed to get the bonuses to appear and counts to update.

0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

Unless your MW & WW bonuses aren't populating by 10 or 11, you shouldn't need to do anything. It appears the previous one is just not disappearing right away as they have in the past. A few hours ago my WW was still displayed but "expired", where now my MW is visible.

No action needed on my part.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Saipan 

I don't think anyone has said it takes days.  Most are saying they want to know before 3 hours have passed.

I take it the discussion is more about how to get it pushed to your phone sooner.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

So as a general timeline it should take 15-20 minutes for the bonuses to update after we push them out. What would really help me is some examples of when it's taken significantly longer than that, and it would help if those reports had a consistent internet connection (that way the tech teams don't immediately try and debunk with that theory).

This does already have eyes on it internally though, we are actively looking into it, so any info y'all can provide is very helpful!

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

2 Whole Foods submissions this past Monday submitted within 1 minute of each other.

• First Receipt had 1 offer and posted (5:18 PM) to Total Earnings shortly after leaving store. MWMM counter updated within "normal" time crediting the 1 additional redemption. 
  • Second Receipt had 3 offers and posted (7:33 PM) to Total Earnings, two hours after first receipt. MWMM counter did not update until next morning/after system rollover/Tuesday reflecting the 3 additional offers redeemed. 

0 Likes

Lollykins
Core Shopper

@mmoore01 I have one of those new Samsung Galaxy S21 phones with 8gb ram & only 4 being used, and I still have to clear cache on the app to see my bonus updates.  I don't think it's your phone.  😉

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I had to clear to see it - it's the new norm.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

@FelskyNY how long do you find yourself waiting for the update to do its own thing before you clear the cache?

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@LaraL   I can either wait a few hours - and nothing.  Today I waited til 9:02, saw nothing, cleared cache and it was there.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

Ok, interesting. Going to share this with some folks internally that were asking. It really shouldn't be taking that long.

0 Likes