cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credits reversed

Chrissyp
Shopper

This morning when looking at my account I noticed that I had 3 reversals. I had shopped in store and bought the items. They haven't been returned so I can't figure out why they are showing as reversals. 

Also the amount it shows my account was debited doesn't match the total of the reversals.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I did submit help tickets for each one. I remember something like this happening weeks ago and wanted to reach out and see if it is a glitch or just me.

0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Credits reversed

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Chrissyp,

Generally credit reversals can happen on items when adjustments are made by the vendor or retailer. We credit very quickly as a way to make the experience more expedited, but generally any offer can take 2-6 months for the retailer to actually finalize the transaction.

That being said, you're more than welcome to submit a Care ticket and see if it's something they can help with.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I have had a couple for Walgreens.com that were reversed, also.

It appears that the restrictions for orders placed have been tightened.  Unfortunately, I have no idea when it happened.  I shop online with Walgreens.com about once or twice a week, but now that Grocery and Household items are excluded, it makes it harder to find anything worth buying.

Walgreens.com only has a 1% rebate, but I would rather have no restrictions like these and earn 0.5% than to deal with the changes in restrictions that can occur at any time.  I suspect this is set by Walgreens, but it stinks, especially when it comes two months later.

The four or five cents I earn from Walgreens is nothing.  But Bonuses were reversed, also.  I now know to not count on ANY online purchase towards Bonuses.  And every ticket I submit means another item I don't get credit for towards bonuses.  The bonuses are hard enough to get and then they get taken away.

Sorry for the gripe session.  Just wanted to get it off my chest.

LaraL
Community Manager

That doesn't sound like a great experience, I'm sorry that we made those changes. If it was up to me that wouldn't be the case, but neither would any of these other issues.

0 Likes

Chrissyp
Shopper

I'm just confused as I shopped in store and I haven't returned anything. I scanned the items in store and everything matched. I can understand online because it does take a while to update. 

However this was in store and I submitted the receipt. It was at Wal-Mart and the app scanned my receipt barcode. I could understand the reversal if I returned the items but we are using them and like them. I'm also confused because I show 3 reversals under my notifications but when I add them up they don't total the amount my account was debited. My account was debited for more than what the reversals were. 

I'm sad that this happened but happy it isn't affecting more people.

Chrissyp
Shopper

I hear ya. Interestingly my reversals were for in store purchases.

They should honor what was valid at the time of purchase. Customers have no way of knowing if/when changes will happen. If household/grocery was valid at time of purchase it shouldn't be reversed.

Just my 2 cents.

LaraL
Community Manager

I agree with you and I actually have expressed that sentiment internally multiple times. Hopefully it's top of mind for the folks that handle app functionality, but in the event it's not, I'll continue to pass that along.

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

I'm sad to read that this happens with in store purchases. Very disheartening.and frankly, unfair, in my opinion. I feel users shouldn't be penalized for things totally outside their control.

@LaraL please continue to bring this up to Ibotta. Thank you for doing your best to take care of us. I understand some things aren't up to you, but maybe with persistence Ibotta will listen.