cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Issues

krystellemt
Shopper

The past couple of weeks I have not been receiving all of my credits for items purchased through Walmart Online Pickup and Delivery. In the past, I could contact customer service and they would correct it with no issue. But now, I have had rude customer service people who talk down to me and act like I don’t know how this thing works (I definitely do), have me jump through ridiculous hoops to prove I purchased the items, and then they’re still not giving credit because they don’t seem to understand what I’m asking for? It’s very frustrating and I was just wondering if anyone else has been having this problem. I feel like they’ve changed how they’re doing business- and I am not a fan. Which sucks, because I do love using Ibotta.

11 Replies

Re: Customer Service Issues

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Would you mind sending me some screenshots of this interaction you're describing? I'd like to look into it.

Mona
Deal Sharer

Omg I agree. I felt paranoid that my target order took days and then they had me do so many things to give me credit for the third )of 3 items purchased!) I made it so easy and  still had to send so much to get the third item. 
I am now waiting for my latest target receipt to go thru and think they’re holding off because I have another bonus level to get to. Sometimes I wonder if it’s all worth it. 

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

I agree.  I have never had even one receipt go through the process without missing one or more missing rebates.  I had to take a break during May because it was just no fun anymore.  I started using Ibotta again this month and the same issues are happening again.  I will finish up this month and take another break.  

krystellemt
Shopper

@Mona Yes! I find the higher the bonus amount, the more of a hassle it is to receive it. Although, right now I am literally haggling over a .10 any item credit. They’re trying to say you can’t stack offers (an any and a brand specific). I have never had that issue before. And if they really want to haggle over .10, then really what’s the point? Giving up my data is only worth it if I’m getting paid lol. 

krystellemt
Shopper

@LaraL How do I send them to you? I don’t see a spot to message you, and I don’t want to post them up on here.

brittrhea
Rewards Hunter

I’ve been having problems with the Walmart Pickup & Delivery too. Last night after I got money for a missing credit they reversed another one of my credits for a different item for no reason. I think it was because I needed one more offer to get a $2 bonus. I hate to be paranoid, but it really does seem like they do things to prevent you from reaching bonuses sometimes.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@krystellemt I sent you a private message. Let me know if you have trouble finding it or anything.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Sorensoj 

I can't believe you are having all these troubles.  I have never seen you mention it before.

1)  What stores do you have problems with?

2) Are you linked or unlinked with them?

3) What are the most prevalent issues you have?  (e.g. Saying offer doesn't match, giving partial credit - such as paying you for 2 of 5 purchased, etc)

You should not be having issues all the time, especially if you know what you are doing. 

Janet1964 has been fighting with the app with the partial credit situation with Kroger.  I used to have that issue, but my store just updated their receipt layouts, and I no longer have that problem.  But I used to have to submit a ticket every time I did multiple redemptions of the same item. 

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@krystellemt @brittrhea @Mona 

In general, being unlinked everywhere reduces issues.

In general, shopping in-store everywhere reduces issues.

I understand it should not matter, and you should not feel 'punished' for using the chrome extension or for being linked.  I assure you though that they are not targeting anyone to keep them from bonuses or anything.   There are a variety of reasons users may opt for pickup or delivery, and if it is a must for you, then it is a must.  I am just saying, I would prefer to do pickups or have delivery, but I also am enough of a control freak that I do not trust anyone else to do my shopping, and I also don't want the additional tickets when things go awry more than they do in-store.

Lara is sort of a liaison between us users and the care team.  She is really in marketing, but she does her level best to try to find out what she can about your specific issues.   I also do not like it when things don't go right,.  Missing out on little amounts annoy me, and missing out on large amounts really really frustrate me.  So I am rooting for those of you who are going thru it right now.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
Tags (1)