cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVS free product redemption question

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

Today I went to CVS to look for the FREE Rowdy drink (no luck)....I also had 2.00 extra bucks, so I decided to find something that I could also get credit for an offer too.....I went with airheads

20210820_230921.jpg

They were 2.89 (BOGO) ...so 2.89 total minus my 2.00 extra bucks came to 0.89! Plus 0.75 on ibotta 

When I scanned my receipt on ibotta it only gave me credit for one....is this normal?? I accepted it because technically the other one was free, and I know how this goes at some places where you can't use coupons on free items.....not an issue.i didn't want to change the quantity to 2 and risk any issues.

I was just wondering if this was normal for CVS when an item is free?? At my grocery store, they charge half for each item so you can usually "double dip" (if you will)

....CVS does have the word FREE right next to the price on the receipt so maybe that's why 🤷‍

@FelskyNY this is you fav store right?? Advice??

0 Likes
16 Replies

Re: CVS free product redemption question

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@MeLMeL11 @Rickibotta  @FelskyNY  Felicia is probably sleeping, Rick is usually awake.I don’t do CVS… 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MeLMeL11 

Ibotta couldn't care less how much you paid.  Does the receipt look like you got 2?

If so. Just open a ticket.   Do NOT resubmit.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

I will keep that in mind next time @Rickibotta 

....I was def going to change the quantity at first but I wasn't familiar with CVS.

I am only 0.14 out of pocket for 2 packages...although the second package could have made it a MM

.....I'm sure this won't be the last BOGO I get from there 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

This has nothing to do with CVS.  IBOTTA does it the same regardless the store.  Kroger sometimes lists one item at $3.99 and a second one as $0.00.  Ibotta counts both

So as long as your receipt shows two of the item, you should get paid for both.

Do you mean you were going to change from 1 to 2 when redeeming?  If so, yes.  But do a ticket for this time.

Can you post a pic of just the lines from the receipt about the item in question?  Would like to see how it looks

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

20210821_020623.jpg

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MeLMeL11 

Yeah it clearly shows two items.  Open the ticket and get your money.

For those who aren't aware, CVS is one of the fewvplaces where you can use two coupons on a BOGOF sale.  Most only let you use Qs on the buy side

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@MeLMeL11  I'm late to the party LOL - but you got the answer you needed.  Definitely submit a ticket.  I do shop CVS when I have the patience to put together a good deal, but I'm a little tired of toothpaste, mouthwash and shampoo, and short on time, so I haven't been shopping as much the last few weeks.

I did notice that LaColumbe latte is on SK at CVS for 435 kicks - $1.74, Ibotta .75 and Aisle $1  (not sure how much the charge though) -

Also, those of you getting the free Rowdy, it's on Aisle for .50  

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY  I know their in-store prices are usually higher but this is what’s showing in my CVS app. Btw, I don’t have a $0.75 CB for CVS but $1.50/4pk at Target and a couple other retailers - not CVS, though.

5D5A74B5-0BC7-486B-AF46-CEA072C5F8C4.jpeg

0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY  @Rickibotta  @Xiao   Can someone send me a screenshot if you have it in your CVS section please? (.75off)

Thanks

0 Likes