cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

HELP! Ibotta keeps trying to force me to redeem offers for items I didn't purchase

Zombie
Skilled Saver

I have 3 receipts from purchases I made yesterday evening that I need to submit:

1. Unisom from Walgreens

2. Beyond meatballs from CVS

3. Bai FAO + Barilla pesto from Woodman's 

But I haven't been able to submit ANY of my receipts because Ibotta keeps auto-verifying for items I didn't purchase. I've tried to unselect the offers by tapping the check mark, and it prompts for confirmation but never removes the offer (see attached screenshot from Walgreens receipt where the only item I purchased was Unisom; Ibotta is trying to force me to submit the receipt for an extra $9 of credit that I didn't earn). I kept trying for 30-60 minutes and just finally gave up and decided to try to figure it out when I woke up today. Still having the same problem today...

Please help! I'm afraid to just submit the receipt anyway because it sounds like a lot of people are getting flagged/banned/locked out of their accounts lately, and I'm kinda TERRIFIED that it might happen to me 😞

ALSO, now the Beyond meatballs BOGO offer has disappeared and I still haven't been able to submit my receipt to get credit for it ;_;

Screenshot_20210612-171231.png

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: HELP! Ibotta keeps trying to force me to redeem offers for items I didn't purchase

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@slylynx2003 

TO REMOVE OFFER FROM LIST

In store mode,, select EDIT in upper right

Then click the minus sign in a circle next to the loaded offer.  It will then turn to a check mark

Then click REMOVE from upper right of screen

THEN SUBMIT RECEIPT THAT WAS PICKING UP UNEARNED REDEMPTIONS

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Re: HELP! Ibotta keeps trying to force me to redeem offers for items I didn't purchase

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

When this happens to me, I go into my list and EDIT to deselect all the offers it was auto-selecting.   Then I scan receipt again

Then I add back offers if desired

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

I got those, too.  I tried to remove them, but the app crashed.  I tried again and just let them go.  I am still waiting for it to clear.

I think this is happening to all of us.  I won't tell you what to do, but you still have another day.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@LaraL

Ibotta needs to fix these situations.  It sometimes is extremely difficult to not redeem things the app auto selects.  It also unfairly tempts people who are trying to be honest.

Imagine real life:

Rick:  hey Lara please give me the $1 i earned

Lara:  OK confirm you earned $6

Rick:  no. You only owe me $1

Lara:  yes here is your $6

Etc etc

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

limsy
Rewards Guide

It happens often. I submit as it is - with extra offers (anyway it's not my fault and I don't do anything for purpose).

But in such cases Ibotta always verifies receipts and removes all "extra" offers, so I get  correct amount of money.

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@limsy 

Two things:

1) Technically submitting something ibotta auto-filled but you knowingly submitted, is possibly ripe for account lock.  Even if you open the ticket and prevail, you miss out on time of using the app..  Also, think of a credit card company who gives you back a $1,000 return twice instead of once <or> a bank that deposits $10,000 instead of $1.000.   If nothing else, the money will be owed back.

2) Most importantly, if you submit something with items you did not redeem that ibotta auto-filled, there is a higher likelihood that your receipt will end in a pending status.   That could pend for two days.   That could interfere with you achieving a bonus.  Then you have to open a ticket, etc.  I just try to avoid pending tickets like the plague, or marriage, sorry for being redundant.

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I had that too at Walmart. Kept attaching Oreo bogo.  I was able to remove and submit.  

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

slylynx2003
Shopper

I try to remove it, an rebate for Old Spice package of $7, but submit my receipt when it doesn't come off. This has happened only recently, like within this last week. I only get credited for the items that I actually buy so no extra rebate money is given to me.

Solved! Go to solution

Zombie
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta Yes! I want to be honest (plus I don't want my account to get locked since I have earned over $1000 that I haven't withdrawn yet), but dangit they make it tempting when it takes soooo much extra effort/work to try to un-auto-verify offers.

In the past I've been able to de-select offers that were mistakenly auto-verified, but right now the app won't let me 😞

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

TRUTH

0 Likes