cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Walmart Receipt Curse Got Me

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@LaraL  et al I just completed my Ibotta shopping! I used cashier lane, clear receipt, Ibotta not accepting receipt or TC . I notified help center & placed ticket, however I have a large order of 16 Ibotta rebates.Btw I noticed the bonuses are on homepage now, they were under earn more. Please advise.

0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: Help Walmart Receipt Curse Got Me

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Not seeing a receipt from today on your account yet so that adds up. I think waiting to hear back from our Care team is your best bet. I would also try resubmitting the ticket if you haven't already.

As for the bonuses appearing on the home page I had heard that being discussed but didn't know they were already pushing it live.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

@Icequeen813 

Just curious - Did the Walmart receipt show up in the Walmart app?  When I had a recent problem with submitting a Walmart receipt, the Walmart receipt would not scan the barcode or the TC#.  That told me it wasn't an Ibotta issue, it was a Walmart issue. 

Unfortunately, your best option is a Request to Ibotta Care, but if it a Walmart issue, Walmart needs to know this problem is happening again.

Good luck.

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@mmoore01  You mean when I hit redeem WM in store?…. Yes it did!

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@Icequeen813  this happened to my friend with the B2S freebies a few days ago.  Her receipt kept coming up invalid.  She waited a few hrs before trying again, and it finally went through. 

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@MelissaR @mmoore01 @LaraL  I rebooted iPhone & charged . It worked! 

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

@Icequeen813 

Actually, I was talking about the Walmart app. 

You can go to Purchase History in the Walmart app and click the + (plus) sign in the right corner to add the receipt to your history.  For me, I had a receipt that would NOT scan in the Walmart app.  This means the barcode was created at the store, but never made it to Walmart Corporate.  I actually tried to scan the receipt days later and it still would not work.

If it scans fine in the Walmart app, but not in Ibotta, then it is an Ibotta issue.

Glad you were able to scan the receipt.

For the record, I have noticed that the NEW barcode scanner in the Ibotta app doesn't work on the first try.  I get an error.  When I try again, it works.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813   So glad it worked out. 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@mmoore01  Yup, that barcode scanner,does not work the first time for me either. I looked  at WM app, only history that shoes is my Walmart.com purchases

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@mmoore01  I  found the WM  App scanner, yes it worked, I didn’t know about that 

0 Likes