cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours Wasted Trying To Find Promoted Items

db33
Shopper

I've finally given up on ibotta.  Love the whole idea of trying new things at a discount, but NOT being able to find anything that is promoted on ibotta is just ridiculous.  And I'm talking Walmart and Publix here.  There needs to be a MUCH BETTER WAY of verifying inventory or the locations of items in the store.  And the app's report item feature has always failed to work.  I just tried AGAIN to get several items -- and AGAIN NONE found.  Was trying to avoid the no use fee, but I guess now that I'm in the red, that is it for me and ibotta.

2 Replies

Re: Hours Wasted Trying To Find Promoted Items

02JEEPX
Saver

I know how you feel. It’s happened to me and sometimes what I need I know they have but it’s not listed on the web. It’s crazy but I’m pretty sure it’s a store web problem and nothing Ibotta can fix. You can report it directly to the store or their online IT dept and usually nothing happens then either but I’m of the opinion that if you and anyone else does report it as a problem then eventually they will get around to fixing it. I know food lion has for me but it took over 6 months to get them to add a washing machine cleaner to their online site even though it’s in the store everyone I’ve gone in. Not making excuses for either but with the amount of emails and help tickets stores and websites have I’m sure someone besides the actual fixer of the problem is putting the requests in what they believe is the most important order. Sadly these people never shop online it seems lol. 

Re: Hours Wasted Trying To Find Promoted Items

db33
Shopper

I was referring to going into the store and actually walking the isles, rather than to on-line.  But I did just try on-line, and it was also a waste of time.  With maybe 1 out of 20 Walmart stores actually stocking the item that was promoted by Ibotta for ALL Walmart stores.  Ibotta would be so awesome if we could choose to only show items that are stocked for a given store location... or for maybe 2 or 3 locations.  Why can't Ibotta use the same stocked item data that everyone else has access to?

0 Likes