cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot withdraw my gift card due to “We’re having trouble connecting.”

javion864
Rewards Hunter

Recently I redownloaded ibotta due to my nephews birthday coming up. I have invited 2 people and scanned a few receipts to get to the 25 dollar mark, but every time I try to redeem the gift card, it says “We’re having trouble connecting. There was a problem getting your information. Please try again later.” I’ve tried restarting the app, restarting my phone, deleting the app then reinstalling to it still not working! My account was made a while back but I verified it last night due to this. I have yet to receive a response from the support team and my nephews birthday is tomorrow. Thanks!

Labels (3)
32 Replies

Re: I cannot withdraw my gift card due to “We’re having trouble connecting.”

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

You attempted to cash out too soon after your first transaction. Give it 48 hours or more before trying and you should be good to go.

0 Likes

CathyCookie
Shopper

Hi,

I’m experiencing the same issue. For gift cards, I’ve always been able to redeem instantly, I’m not sure why this time I have the connection message and unable to redeem. Do I also have to wait 48 hours? 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@CathyCookie looks like your account does need to be manually reviewed. Beyond that I'm not sure. Account is locked so your best bet is to submit a ticket and they will look into it.

0 Likes

Nmac1221
Shopper

I am having the same problem!! 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Nmac1221 Your account is locked because you attempted to cash out too soon after your first transaction (<48 hours). If you submit a ticket to our Care team they can easily get this unlocked for you.

0 Likes

Nmac1221
Shopper

Okay great.

0 Likes

Nmac1221
Shopper

How do I send a ticket to get my account reviewed? New to this app. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

In the app go to Account > Help > Submit a request.

0 Likes

Emanjaber
Rewards Hunter

I am having the same problem i emailed you guys and you won’t answer. can someone help me plz

0 Likes