cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m about to be done with Ibotta!

Savannadb
Rewards Hunter

This is ridiculous! Lately all of my offers will stand pending for three or four days and then disappear or they will say that there was none that matched whenever I know that they did because I scanned them inside the store or my most recent one said that my Kroger receipt did not clearly show the total or the taxes so I took a screenshot and submitted a request for help and now it’s all gone all of my pending purchases have vanished and I did not receive credit for any of them this is ridiculous and as you will see the pictures I’m about to upload show you clearly the total and the tax in not just one uploaded photo but two!  I feel like I’m just wasting my time with this app because I have put a lot of time and effort to purchase the things that are specifically on the app and I’m not getting anywhere with them! 

D84C1A75-37AD-42AD-8844-AA362F961F5A.png

C6B27965-1FF0-48A2-B68E-1E43A2660B2B.png

10 Replies

Re: I’m about to be done with Ibotta!

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Savannadb 

Ibotta can be a stickler when submitting receipts. Judging from the screenshots in your post I would say you did not capture the entire receipt. You must ensure to capture the entire receipt from top to bottom. I am also a Kroger's shopper, I always cutoff the information below the asterisk border that contains my rewards information. 

When you submit a receipt, it must clearly show the retailer information, date, and purchased items. You might want to contact @LaraL for assistance resetting your gallery and try resubmitting a full image of your receipt.  

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes

Savannadb
Rewards Hunter

I have these to go along with it

5299397B-98B0-40B4-9948-8950CEEEF250.png

E09D55E7-5365-4CB1-9D33-35D32279225F.png

6CF2C5CB-1F58-4FAA-8EDD-CEC1944FD2F9.png

77E40AD3-07B8-4635-85DB-2ECC91459A43.png

 those are screenshots from ibottas app. They’re trying to say they can’tsee the taxes or the total just so they can not give me credit for Kraft cheese. 

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Savannadb 

If those are what you submitted then I would definitely contact @LaraL  

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes

Savannadb
Rewards Hunter

FF2B3BEE-FD4A-4C44-B7F7-837FD859B565.png

I meant to include this one too! 

0 Likes

Dean

@Savannadb 

I would suggest removing your photos from your posts. Someone could capture these photos and redeem them on Ibotta or some other app. Also, no one on this community board other than @LaraL would need them to help you. But I can suggest that you try smoothing out the wrinkles and move the camera closer to get a sharper image. 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@Savannadb 

772144A8-1105-43B8-A8B4-BDD3F9366F4D.jpeg

 Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Let me tell you-these rebating apps don’t play-they require all the info to hand over the money! There’s a definite learning curve to get it right.

The above advisement you received from Ibotta pretty much says it all.

• Is the store name and logo in your photo?
  • Is the photo clear?
  • Is it well-lit?
  • Is your receipt unwrinkled?

If your answer to any of the above is “no” you should always retake the photo until it meets at least these basic criterion  prior to submission-this goes for not only Ibotta, but many other apps. Swagbucks is notoriously demanding when it comes to these criterion and requires a plain background and perfect lighting. (I learned this the hard way! 😂 ) Good luck! 🍀 

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Savannadb I got this same message for a Kroger receipt I submitted on FRIDAY NIGHT & it's STILL IN LIMBO!  You shouldn't be surprised I jumped on chili with Ibotta care, along with the receipt photo I sent maybe 3 screenshots and all I said was that the receipt has been in limbo 2+ days

I also submitted a receipt on Saturday night, I only waited a full day+ for it to get processed

I see the receipt you submitted is super long & you probably needed to submit THREE shots. Did you also shoot & submit the very top showing the store name and address? 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Savannadb I just posted about your situation internally. I'll update this thread when I have a response.

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@Savannadb  It is quite frustrating when receipts don't get approved.  But looking at your screenshots, could be why it's getting kicked back.  Too wrinkly, taken too far away and distracting background.  I'd smooth out the receipt, place it on a solid background (like a table) and then take several closer up shots.  Hopefully with those corrections, the receipt will get approved. 

0 Likes