cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ibotta Not Accepting Walmart Receipts / Gives 'Something went wrong' Message

MB2
Shopper

@LaraL 

Yes, it does help.  Thanks.  I mainly followed-up with them because they were saying the offers weren't added, but they were.  It doesn't seem like they are setup to handle things beyond quick fixes or can provide answers that need more context.  

Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Ibotta Not Accepting Walmart Receipts / Gives 'Something went wrong' Message

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@skonjerla @DCinMD is everything working ok for you now or are you still running into some issues with receipt scanning?

0 Likes

Deedan92
Rewards Hunter

I'm still having issues. I put in a ticket, but it doesn't look like they are helping. I submitted more info, but got no reply.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

Hi @Deedan92, thanks for letting me know. I might have more questions for you while we're working to fix this. I do apologize for the difficulty you're running into, hopefully we can resolve this one quickly.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

For those that are still experiencing this issue, did you happen to try entering the TC number manually? This is the ~20 character code toward the top of the printed receipt.

Let me know if that helps.

0 Likes

Dean
Saver

I thought I would share my experience scanning a Walmart receipt today. But before scanning the receipt, I had the same issues with scanning barcodes that have been reported. Makes me wonder if they are related to the same technical glitch. I scanned the receipt on my phone and got the tiny accepted message for about four milliseconds before the screen went back to the previous screen without showing the offers for review. I waited a while to see if the receipt appeared as pending but nothing showed up. So I scanned the receipt with my iPad and it went through normally. Credit appeared a few minutes later. 

Icequeen813
Shopping Enthusiast

@Dean  My iPhone not reading WM barcode, I used cashier for clear receipt.I put in TC code& everything credited. I’m wondering if this started after I downloaded the Chrome extension on my PC to get free Back to School supplies?Once I got my freebies, I deleted Chrome extension. I have no problems with other retailers 

0 Likes

123Save
Deal Sharer

I shopped at Walmart this afternoon. I usually go through self checkout but went through a traditional lane with a cashier. Receipt scanned as normal with no issues on my iPhone. 

For additional context- back on 7/10 I was at a Walmart I haven’t visited in years. After using self checkout, the receipt didn’t scan. I thought it was maybe due to the subpar quality of the receipt. I typed in the TC # and it worked.

Dean
Saver

@Icequeen813  From a technical standpoint, I don’t see how something on a PC would affect a phone but I’m not saying it’s impossible. But it is highly unlikely unless there were account settings affected. I’ve had the extension installed for months but only recently had problems with receipt and barcode scanning. 

Icequeen813
Shopping Enthusiast

@Dean  How should I check for account settings changed? I’m not tech savvy. I’ve not had problem w iPhone & WM up today I just checked my iPhone & I’m running latest update 

0 Likes