cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta Not Accepting Walmart Receipts / Gives 'Something went wrong' Message

MB2
Deal Sharer

The Ibotta app is not allowing paper receipts to be scanned/submitted for Walmart.  It gives a 'Something went wrong' message.  I tried also entering the TC number and that didn't work either.  I tried shutting the phone off and restarting it.  That changed the app to only show a 'Link Account' under Walmart unless you go under Redeem.  Under Redeem you can still submit a receipt but it still gives the 'Something went wrong' message.  Others are having this problem on the Ibotta Facebook page.  

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?  (I don't want to link my Walmart account and then have to use Walmart Pay.  Rebate processing takes too long and I prefer paper receipts.). I have opened a ticket but thought I'd ask here.

UPDATE: I got a response from Ibotta Care.  They credited me the two offers which I appreciate, but claimed they weren't added to my account which is why they didn't pay.  That is untrue.  The screenshots I sent them had the green check marks on each offer which shows they were added to the account.  I followed-up with them to find out why it would show they 'weren't added' on their end when they were.

Tags (1)
96 Replies

Walmart linked account missing offers

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@LaraL 

Purchased 2 different qualifying Armorall products and paid using Walmart pay.  I received credit for 1 item and not the other.  As I have done in this past, manually entering the TC# usually rectified the issue of items missed from the linked account. 

The same issue occurred last week and I overlooked the issue thinking it was just an isolated incident. This time one of the items were for a $1.00 rebate as well as a $.50 EMB for Armorall.

When I attempted to manually enter the TC # I received the following error message.

Has anyone else had this issue? Linked accounts not crediting all items and system rejecting manually entered receipts.

Screenshot_20210716-180801_Ibotta.jpg

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes

Re: Ibotta Not Accepting Walmart Receipts / Gives 'Something went wrong' Message

shevonnecopelan
Rewards Hunter

I am experiencing the same thing and thought it was just me! I just did a haul at walmart and super upset I cannot upload my receipt. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Re: Walmart linked account missing offers

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@LaraL @MB2 @hortige @megla 

Apparently we are all experiencing a similar issue Walmart. More app users my have the same issue I'm tagging Lara for assistance with this trouble.

@LaraL can you have the IT folks look into this issue?

Ibotta Not Accepting Walmart Receipts / Gives 'Something went wrong' Message Invalid Barcode 

Re: Ibotta Not Accepting Walmart Receipts / Gives 'Something went wrong' Message

BigBrowns
Shopper

Shopped at Walmart about an hour ago and having same issue.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@MB2, @BigBrowns, @shevonnecopelan: I did a manual update of my ibotta app this morning. Have you checked whether you are using the latest?

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@BigBrowns 

Whatever this issue I hope it is resolved prior to the Monday morning bonus release.. It seems like system wide problem... have you submitted a trouble ticket yet?

MB2
Deal Sharer

I am using the latest version of the app and still getting the error message.

BigBrowns
Shopper

Yes I did a manual update if the app just now and restarted phone with same result....it says inside receipt

What-Shot
Super Saver

Sorry that didn't work for you @BigBrowns. personally, the magic trick that has been resolving most of my ibotta issues on my android is simply clearing cache. But don't know if it would do magic for your issue.

Cheering for quick Resolution

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~