cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ibotta won't let me link my FoodLion account.

FrogsnStuff
Rewards Hunter

When I try to link my Food Lion account it says that my card number is invalid. I have tried scanning it and manually typing the numbers. It is not a problem on Food Lions end because I used it at the store a few hours ago. Has anyone had this issue before? I just bought some things from Food Lion earlier and I didn't know about this account link until I got home and tried to redeem my purchase credits. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: ibotta won't let me link my FoodLion account.

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@FrogsnStuff  ...and you typed all 12 digits in? 

0 Likes

Tbearscubs
Rewards Hunter

You'll need to call Food Lion's Customer Service number. Skip the automated help and go straight to a human. They will tell you your 12-digit  MVP number. Mine had a hidden "9" at the end.

0 Likes

Tbearscubs
Rewards Hunter

You'll need to call Food Lion's Customer Service at 800-210-9569. Skip the automated help desk and go straight to a human. After verifying your identity,  they will tell you your 12-digit MVP number. Mine had a hidden "1" at the end. (My MVP card and website portal only show 11 digits.)

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Tbearscubs 

Does it lock if you try it multiple times?

If not it seems they could just enter their 11 digit card +1, and if fails do +2, etc..   Would only take max of 10 tries)

And maybe everyone is a 1 as the 12th digit.  Otherwise, it likely is a check digit.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Tbearscubs
Rewards Hunter

Yes, that might work. I don't think you'll be locked out. Add a digit to the end, starting with 1. That was the hidden digit for me. 

Alternatively, I called customer service and it only took a few minutes to get the correct number.

0 Likes