cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instacart

Kswitzer77
Saver

Is anyone else having problems logging into Instacart via the Ibotta app? All the places I shop at are already connected to my Ibotta app. For some reason the app is acting like I've never signed in before. Thank you for anyone's help out there.

12 Replies

Re: Instacart

Kylasm1977
Saver

Did you figure this out? I can't get instacart to work with ibotta. I made 2 purchases through ibotta back in October to test if it was working and didn't even get credit for the "any receipt" offer.

I tried unlinking and linking again, as that was what @LaraL told me to do for Walmart in the same situation...now my instacart won't link to ibotta again.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Not totally sure so I just asked about it. I'll let you know what I hear back.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Kylasm1977 ok so apparently there's no current way to manually re-link with Instacart, however they do have a process that goes through and automatically re-links accounts every ~24 hours. I would give it 24 hours from the last time you tried and see if anything changes.

It's worth noting that this might lead to a missed credit situation. If so, let me know and I'll look into it for you.

As for your orders from October, would you mind sending me the receipts and a list of the offers that you should've gotten credit for?

lara.liddell@ibotta.com

Kylasm1977
Saver

I wasn't going to order anything else from instacart until I knew if it was working so no worry about missed credits. I've been trying to relink for a couple days, but get the message it failed so I kept hitting the try again...I'll stop and see if that helps 😬

Those October offers were only "any receipt" so no hardship there. I didn't even submit a ticket and bog up the system. I was having so much trouble with Walmart at the time (you helped me back and forth to get that resolved) so I was "testing" or troubleshooting to see if instacart was affected like Walmart or if the issue was Walmart alone. Walmart would miss all my brand offers but at least it would auto credit the "any receipt". So I was submitting 30-40 screenshots at a time for Walmart missed offers.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Ok makes sense. Well if Instacart does end up working let me know. Sounds like our integration with them needs some work.

Kylasm1977
Saver

@LaraL It still says it can't link.  The "learn more" says to "try again" or cancel linking. Do I need to cancel my attempt at linking in order for ibotta to automatically link?

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Well it would be Instacart that would automatically be re-linking, although I don't think you attempting it matters. I was told it's a 50/50 chance to reconnect, so if it's past 24 hours then it sounds like it failed.

0 Likes

Kylasm1977
Saver

Okay. Thanks for checking. I don't know what else to try, didn't want to be doing something wrong on my end. I can sign in at Instacart and on their app, but not through ibotta. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Yeah, Instacart is in a weird place at the moment. I don't have a work-around at the moment, and we might not have one terribly soon either. Account linking is currently disabled, and for accounts that were linked prior when we disabled the feature, those are still fine. If the account gets unlinked for some reason, Instacart is running a process to reconnect them but it's not always reconnecting successfully. Sounds like this is what has happened with yours.

0 Likes