cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this app impossible for anyone else?

theonlynikki
Rewards Hunter

I've been using Ibotta for years.  When I first downloaded it, it was great!  I linked it to my loyalty cards and was racking up cash back like mad!  Then my cards stopped working.  The desktop app has NEVER worked.  And when I submit receipts for anything other than groceries I get nothing.  Even if they are "Approved purchases".  I just want to close my account and walk away but I have pending cash back that's under $20 so I can't.  And I can't even GET to $20 because the app won't let me redeem anything ever.  Is it just me?  Why did the quality of this app decline so much?

8 Replies

Re: Is this app impossible for anyone else?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@theonlynikki  I did away with linking accounts and do everything through my app.  I find that if I scan the items in store and took clear pictures of the receipts, most of the items are found on the receipt, and then I just add what is missing. I actually find the app has been working better lately.  

Walmart of course is just scan the barcode at the bottom.  I'm sorry you are frustrated with the app. 

SuperSavvy
Rewards Hunter

I unlinked my cards also because it wasn't picking up anything. 

Just take photos on the app. It will pick up things it shouldn't. 

0 Likes

Edawn24
Rewards Guide

You can buy gift cards with your balance if it’s less than $20

cjwoody
Super Saver

@theonlynikki  Supportive of unlinking as well.  Also, it’s not unusual to have to open tickets with the Care Team to request a review and receive credits manually.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@theonlynikki 

Do you use the chrome extension?

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Edawn24 Didn't know that, good tip. Thanks

0 Likes

kkwaller1
Rewards Hunter

Glad I saw your post. I thought it was just me. I haven't earned anything with linked accounts since November and I shop 2 stores in particular at least 3 days a week and use to always receive credit within 24hrs. I'm unlinking tonight!

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@kkwaller1  Just remember, some stores HAVE TO BE LINKED.

0 Likes