cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation and organization

Lpninnc
Rewards Hunter

I get so stressed out when I get in the store and I'm trying to remember what all is on my list. I get frustrated with constantly having to unlock my phone to view the list of what I've selected. For me it would be so much easier to have a printed list. I guess I'm just old school. Is there any way to print my list?

33 Replies

Re: Navigation and organization

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

On any given day I could go to 1 to 4 different retailers and complete 1-2 or - maybe less frequently - 4-5+ offers in a single visit 

Screenshot_20210725-105524.png

Screenshot_20210725-105545.png

Screenshot_20210725-105601.png

Screenshot_20210725-105622.png

Screenshot_20210725-105642.png

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

If you are set on shopping at a particular retailer, say Kroger or Whole Foods, go to that retailer's page in Ibotta and get SCREENSHOTS of every offer you want to complete. Whether you're just after 1 offer or 5+, there could be items missing because they're sold out or not even in inventory

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Lpninnc 

Time and patience are required. My advice is to start small don't overwhelm yourself.

• Plan 1 store to shop 
  • Check the offers listed for that store (make sure you check all the offers listed for that store)
  • The items you are interested in make a written list 
  • Ensure to mark products with ibotta rebates (I use red asterisk)
  • Go shopping item with ibotta rebates pay attention to the fine print details (size, brand, quantity, and type)
  • checkout, scan receipts in ibotta app collect rebates 

Not really a lot of thought is required go slow read the forums daily and ask questions. Make sure you scan products to ensure they qualify for rebates. Many products look the same but only one will trigger rebates. Other app users please chime in. 

Every journey starts with the first step

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@OBSHOP  Excellent advice!
@Lpninnc You’ll get a hang of it in no time! As people say, practice makes perfect. I used to miss the ‘’must buy 2” requirement and kick myself for only buying one. Also, some offers are nail biters, like a really good cash back that allows multiple redemptions, so you think/hope it’ll come back in your gallery but not sure if or when.
It could be a little frustrating from time to time, but mostly a lot of fun and saves you money!
As for constantly unlocking your phone, you could disable the auto-lock while you’re shopping (make sure you have enough battery). I always do this and also max the display brightness in the stores, so the register can read the digital coupons and/or gift cards. 
Btw, this topic reminded me of something I’ve been thinking about for a while. I need to be hands-free from my phone during my shopping, so found this gadget in the photo on Amazon but haven’t bought it yet. Is anyone already using a phone caddy (?) like this? If so, any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks!

*Updated grammatical errors.

8381D666-EEFF-4476-904F-D1CF48734465.jpeg

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Lpninnc 

The answer to your questions is no.  There is no direct 'print list' functionality built in.  This has been suggested many time, and it may be something ibotta is looking into.

For me, this also is frustrating because you can't see your list on a computer.  If I could, I could then at least copy it to a word document and print.

I personally do spreadsheets that I print out as a shopping list.   Others just write them out, but unfortunately those are the two alternatives immediately available.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Saipan
Super Saver

Typed up using OneNote on laptop while cross-referencing on phone.

Screenshot_20210726-163921_OneNote.jpg

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Saipan 

I have never actually used onenote.  It is one of those things that I always thought I would really enjoy using, but I am pretty ignorant of the whole product.  All this is made worse by the fact that my laptop install of Office Enterprise was apparently not  [begin air quotes ]strictly legal [end air quotes], and somehow it no longer functions.  I thought I installed it on my laptop, but I must not have because it would have been the same key as the one on my desktop.  Stupid EBAY software sales.

Anyway, enterprise comes with  Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Publisher, InfoPath, Groove, OneNote, and Office Communicator.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Lpninnc   Old school - handwritten notes on an envelope - in which I put the coupons I'm using and make notations   IB (ibotta)  F (fetch)  etc - and I scan everything in store, and then scan receipt either on the way out the store or in the car!

My father always opened envelopes that came in the mail with a letter opener - so I repurpose the junk mail envelopes for this purpose.

Janet1964
Super Saver

I use this small notebook. It last me around 4 months and I have reference later for pricing.

B62C0419-7CD4-46EA-8CB0-510F8C628FA8.jpeg

 I made each store on a separate page. after I finish shopping, I record my totals on the back of the previous page for that trip.

i list all items I want to buy the size, flavor , qty the price (I leave blank if I don’t know), any coupons and what kind, any rebates, and final price. I put an asterisk besides any item I will buy regardless like milk or bread. 

I make a row at the top labeled Ibotta - coupons - digital.

I check off the list after scanning and placing in cart and update my rows. I put an x if I can’t find it or it is too expensive. When my list is all checked, I gather my coupons and go to self checkout.

I scan my receipt before leaving the store or in the parking lot.