Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account - cashing out rule

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey folks,

This has come up a few times so I inquired about it internally. When someone has created an account and they submit their first receipt, they will want to wait until just over the 48 hours mark before cashing out.

This has lead to some accounts being locked (among other reasons) and at least on this one I have been given permission to share what the rule is.

Hope this helps!

17 Replies

Re: New account - cashing out rule

What-Shot
Super Saver

That makes sense. I'm sure no newbie who's serious about ibotta-ing will have an issue. It would be good if this were mentioned in the terms. Nevertheless, we appreciate your leg-work on this to let us know so, at the very least, we can coach any of our personal referrals.

Thank you, @LaraL

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@LaraL 

Thanks for the clarification.  You always do so much to help out whenever and wherever you are able.

Your IT folks are making everyone's life more difficult than it has to be in this very specific situation.   No reason why that situation can't be trapped once submitting request for payment (has user been member for less than 48 hours?), triggering an error message back to the user explaining the 48-hour rule. 

I have to believe this is an extremely small subset of situations.  I can't imagine that many people sign up, figure out how to purchase/redeem, find enough deals to get $20 in their account, and then also try to withdrawal their funds - all within 48 hours.

For those who care and are reading this, here is the ibotta help on the issue (updated recently)

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/223788308-What-are-ways-to-withdraw-my-earnings-

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

LaraL
Community Manager

@Rickibotta I totally agree, and it actually makes sense why that rule would exist if you think about it.

What-Shot
Super Saver

I agree that it makes sense....but the former "mystery" did not make sense.

I'm delighted to see the TOS on withdrawals has been updated. Thank you @Rickibotta, for posting the link--helpful!

Thank you @LaraL  for your part in accomplishing this! 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

cholcomb123
Shopper

Hi Lara. How can I find out why I was locked? I keep getting automated email responses. The email continues to ask me for more info but I have no idea what they are looking for. If I know what I did wrong, I’m happy to correct it. I’ve read the terms and it appears I did nothing wrong.

can you help please? 9996611 is my ticket number.

thank you for your help!

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@LaraL 

I just withdrew my funds without any unusual occurrences.  I have a remaining balance which is not enough to make another withdrawal. The withdrawal button becomes inactive and instructs me on what's required.

Screenshot_20210709-081458_Ibotta.jpg

Could a banner similar to this be used for new accounts? 

(48 hour holding required)

I would think users knowing their earnings are not available for withdrawal and reduce trouble tickets.  

In my opinion Ibotta is super easy to use and many users have not read all the rules.. thanks to the community forums there's a wealth of information about everything Ibotta here..

Ready, Set, Shop

Freshxedits
Deal Sharer

is that everytime u hit 20$ or more tho me personally live paycheck to paycheck so every but of savings is vital and at time may need it asap I understand having to wait a lil before instant cashing out even if its ur 2 or 3 time but im confused how i got a email my account was unlocked then relocked after i was told i was good to withdraw my funds i love the app not a whole lot we get thats on there but i found things i didnt eat that i now get daily sometimes not just to save money but its good lol i just hope to see the app improve for the better i feel like the high security and days having to wait sometimes i hear a week to withdraw ur savings really impacts how people use the app

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

@cholcomb123 submitting a ticket will help with that.

@OBSHOP I could see that being helpful, agreed.

cholcomb123
Shopper

I created a ticket 10 days ago and still locked out.

0 Likes