Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Please Help - Ibotta shorting me credit on purchased items + bonus

southlake
Saver

Hello,

I went to three stores yesterday (had to go anyway) and completed my Weekend Whiteboard bonus of 10 offers for $5. However, Ibotta is shorting me credit on one of the items I purchased and therefore shorting me on qualifying for the bonus.

I purchased three Purely Elizabeth granola bags at Target yesterday, 7/17. I scanned all 3 barcodes in the store to ensure they qualified and they all matched. When I submitted my receipt, Ibotta did not automatically pickup the granola and I had to manually add it and scan all 3 barcodes again. Again, they all matched. Then, Ibotta credited me for the receipt (2 other items) but not for the granola.

I immediately submitted a support ticket # 10066857, where I received a response asking me to submit photos of the items I purchased plus photos of the barcodes. I replied with said photos. I then received another response stating, "Occasionally, brands decide to set up specific offers that are only available at certain retailers. Store exclusive offers will only appear in the specific retailer's gallery." He then marked my ticket "solved." No credit given.

I politely replied that the Purely Elizabeth granola offer was and still is available at Target, where I purchased them, and submitted a screenshot of the offer available at Target. Now what? Ibotta is attempting to short me $8 with the PE credit and bonus. I'm now planning to run out today to make a small candy purchase (under $1) so I at least get the $5 bonus I worked hard for yesterday. Can anyone here help me? @LaraL ?

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Please Help - Ibotta shorting me credit on purchased items + bonus

southlake
Saver

Just got another reply from Ibotta - they added the $3 to my account just now. Finally!

Ticket solved. Thanks everyone for the replies. Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

123Save
Core Shopper

To clarify, you’re only missing a single offer for Purely Elizabeth that you redeemed 3 times at Target? The offer is $1.50 x 3 = $4.50 plus the WWB of $5 for a grand total of $9.50.

You mentioned being shorted $8 so I didn’t follow the math. There are several store-specific offers for Purely Elizabeth with varying amounts by retailer. Maybe that’s why you got the reply you did.

B3557439-3557-4980-B5AE-723CFD434CA8.jpeg

As for making a small purchase today to ensure you get the $5 WWB- that’s what I’d do. I usually go over by 1 or 2 offers to ensure everything goes smoothly. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

southlake
Saver

Hi 123Save,

The offer is $1 per bag for me at Target. I bought 3 bags so $3 + the $5 Weekend Whiteboard Bonus, comes out to $8 total that they're shorting me by not crediting me for the Purely Elizabeth rebate.

I plan to go purchase 1 more small item (have to go to the store anyway) and will also return the Purely Elizabeth bags IF they don't credit me. I bought them because they offered a rebate and now they're erroneously attempting to keep me from getting the offer that I rightly qualified for.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

southlake
Saver

Ibotta PE Rebate 1.jpgIbotta PE Rebate 2.jpg

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@southlake  1. I wouldn't rush to return anything because sometimes that flags the receipt as returned and can create havoc.   You did the right thing tagging Lara - and she will likely look at it on Monday.  Human error and computer error happens - so hopefully if you responded on the same ticket, someone else will take a look at it and correct it.   

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

southlake
Saver

@FelskyNYI'm not rushing to return anything. I said I will return IF they don't end up crediting me (and I put IF in capitals to emphasize).

I've been using Ibotta for awhile now and I've never had them not credit me for anything, especially for items that I scanned and "Offer Matched!" in the store prior to purchasing! Just odd that there is both a computer error and human error on this purchase/ticket.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@southlake   Yep - I saw you said IF - you did everything right.  I had to go back and forth on the love good fats bar.   UPC didn't match - submitted ticket, they asked for the pics and upc, submitted, then they credited something else that was missing and my bonus, then I told them the $2.49 was still missing, and then they credited that.  Keep us posted - it should work out in the end. 

Solved! Go to solution

southlake
Saver

@FelskyNYhow funny, the Good Fats bar was one they gave to me right away! I bought it at Whole Foods. I've bought the Purely Elizabeth granola several times actually with Ibotta rebates and have never had this happen. I've always been credited. Odd that it's not working this time. I even bought two different flavors and it didn't pickup either one. I even bought the flavor pictured! - Vanilla Chocolate Chip - still no credit.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@southlake   You want to hear ironic - I actually bought the bar that was pictured and made sure the size was correct (at WF).  None of the scans worked when I tried it in store (and I tried them all trust me), but I KNEW it was right - so I figured I'd go for it because it completed my bonus. 

I haven't tried the purely Elizabeth granola.   But I'm telling you, those Stonyfield parfaits (with granola) were great!.  Disappointing that the offer reloaded as .75 on each - I may buy more, but the ones on the shelf expired on 7/24 (and I bought 5) - Honestly, I almost ALWAYS eat the yogurt passed the sell buy date - but the sale is only through 7/20 and I can't see myself going back in the next 2 days (and I definitely won't buy them at full price). 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

It sounds like you have one offer with a quantity of 3.

What I would do is try submitting the receipt again.  Make sure you remove any offers that you have already received credit for.  If needed, scan the UPCs.

Sometimes the second scan works.  If it doesn't, then continue with Ibotta Care. Add additional comments to the original ticket, if you can.  If not, open a new one.

Good luck.