cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Please make it stop! Location setting pop up

SantaFeAtBay
Saver

I cannot open Ibotta anymore without a persistent, annoying pop-up asking me to change my location setting from "while app is open" to "always on." Steam is coming out of my ears! "Always on" is nosy and drains my battery. I do not use the Ibotta alt apps that use location tracking to spam me with offers. I am just not interested in unplanned shopping. 

I will also send in a ticket of course, but ignoring me when I have already said only "while app is on" is rude.

This in addition to removing 100% of my *edit* midweek, weekend and monthly bonuses in October is forcing me back to Rakuten for my online shopping.

Android Samsung Note 9

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Please make it stop! Location setting pop up

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Ok so I'm being told that our version 6.108 has this issue fixed and should be going out sometime this week.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Sorry you are having trouble with the app.  Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for your issue.

As for the removal of your tier bonuses, these were tied to Teammates which was removed on October 1st for everyone.  The amounts were very low for the amount of effort required.  Hopefully, Ibotta will add better bonuses to replace them.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@LaraL  I have the same problem. Every time I open the app, location pops up.

Solved! Go to solution

SantaFeAtBay
Saver

@mmoore01 Thank you for your attempt to assist but I was never involved with Teammates and was not referring to those monies.

I was referring to midweek, weekend and monthly bonuses 👍 I have edited my OP for clarity.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager

Hi @SantaFeAtBay,

When did this start? I already passed it along but I'm sure they're going to ask how long it's been happening for. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

SantaFeAtBay
Saver

Several days.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

Same. I don’t think apple devices have it but all android devices seem to have it and it has been around for months and months now, at least 4-6.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager

Ok, I'll add that as a note. I might reach out for more information, depending on what they say. I'll update this thread though.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager

Ok so I'm being told that our version 6.108 has this issue fixed and should be going out sometime this week.

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

SantaFeAtBay
Saver

@LaraL thank you 🙂