cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing gift cards

KYmimi
Deal Sharer

I am new to using funds in my Ibotta account to purchase gift cards. I have purchased 4 Amazon gift cards over the past 2 weeks. Now I find that Amazon gift card is no longer on my list to purchase. 
Is there a limit to how many that can be purchased?

Also, if I purchase Walmart gift card, how do I redeem it at store?  Do I need some kind of account at Walmart?

I do not use PayPal, Venmo, & do not want to use my debit card online. 
Thanks for your help. 

11 Replies

Re: Purchasing gift cards

TXbelle
Super Saver

@KYmimi 

I don't know about the Amazon cards, but I use Walmart GCs all the time. My Walmart has barcode scanners at the self check out and I use that to scan the GC barcode. It's easy peasy. Just make sure that the scanner is working (a few times there's a sign up at a register or the reader gun is covered). Just remember that gift cards that you buy from the home screen list (used to be Ibotta pay) need you to manually update the amount left on the card for the next time. This is the only way I pay at Walmart. Since I get 5% cash back and a completed offer for any bonuses in progress, seems like a no brainer especially when I am buying Ibotta offers. 

I only buy the minimum, $10. If I need more, I will get another GC while I am checking out--it's that fast.

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@KYmimi 

Amazon gift cards are not available at the moment they may return at a later date. 

To use Walmart gift card you do not need an account, just let the cashier scan your gift card at check out..

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes

KYmimi
Deal Sharer

Have not purchased Walmart gift card before so don’t understand how it works.

When I purchase it, will I see a UPC? Is there an e-card or something?  Sorry to be so clueless about this. 

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@KYmimi  when you purchase a WM gc , it'll have a barcode to scan. 

0 Likes

Czu9338
Shopper

Ya I noticed the Amazon gift card wasn’t available to purchase either. First it was at 1% back then it dropped to 0.5% back. Maybe it’s being over used? I use this all the time since I use Amazon the most. They also took away the Hallmark one too awhile ago and never brought that back. Let’s hope it comes back before Black Friday. They will have a lot of angry people. Or I’ll just use another site.

0 Likes

KYmimi
Deal Sharer

So after I purchase the Walmart gift card, the UPC appears. Does it just stay there (in the Walmart card??? in the Ibotta gift card list) until I access it at Walmart?

so sorry to be so dumb about this. Easier when I purchased Amazon gift card & got a code to enter in my Amazon account.  

0 Likes

D_nugget
Deal Sharer

@KYmimi 

it’ll be saved under Walmart gift card section on your Ibotta account.  You can also add it to your Walmart app but I stopped doing that cuz a lot of rebate apps do not accept digital receipt apparently and WalmartPay only provides digital receipt. When you get to the register you just click into one of the GCs and have the cashier scan the barcode that comes with the GC. It’s really easy 

0FC5C195-B4E1-414D-BC0C-8205A2BDE3C8.png

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@KYmimi 

When you purchase a gift card this is what you will receive.  Just show it to the clerk at checkout or scan with the hand scanner if using the self checkout. 

Screenshot_20211009-162518_Ibotta.jpg

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@KYmimi  Yes, it'll be stored in the GC list under your acct until you're ready to redeem.

0 Likes