cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Question about referral credits / Big Game FAOs

Zombie
Skilled Saver

I have a co-worker who has expressed interest in Ibotta after hearing me talk about different deals I was doing. She asked me to send her my referral code and I sent it several days ago. Either she hasn't downloaded the app yet or she hasn't redeemed an offer (I'll find out tomorrow) because my Big Game FAOs are not unlocked.

Since the Big Game FAOs are expiring soon, I am wondering what will happen if hypothetically let's say that in 4-5 days, Ibotta has a normal $10 referral bonus available... So if she dowloaded the app already, but doesn't redeem an offer until a new referral bonus becomes available to me, will I get whatever the current referral bonus is?

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Question about referral credits / Big Game FAOs

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

It's based on whichever offers are active at the point of account creation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Saipan
Deal Expert

@Zombie

I would push a friendly reminder to them that both of you could be affected by any procrastination on their part. I would think though one way or another you would earn a bonus of some sort, and them as well.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Zombie 

I would say @LaraL would be able to give you the best reply for this question. I do agree with @Saipan ask your referral to register to unlock your bonus items before they expire.

OBSHOP_0-1644534515222.jpeg

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

It's based on whichever offers are active at the point of account creation.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Zombie
Skilled Saver

Well, with the timing of the current expiration date for the Big Game FAOs, I would have to make a special shopping trip to Walmart just for the FAOs, which most likely won't happen.

So based on what @LaraL said, I guess I'll hope that they haven't created an account yet.

I'd rather have a normal referral bonus than unlock FAOs anyway.

Solved! Go to solution

Saipan
Deal Expert

Quite understandable. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Zombie 

I received this today in an e-mail message from Ibotta and it might help you. The offer ends on 2/12/22

OBSHOP_0-1644539251377.jpeg

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Zombie
Skilled Saver

@OBSHOP yes, according to the expiration that shows when I look at the details of the (currently) unlocked Big Game FAOs, the offers expire at 4:59pm on the 12th. Which is kinda an odd time for expiration... IDK

0 Likes