cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receipt verification

Kimberstar23
Deal Sharer

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it takes Ibotta to verify a receipt? I uploaded a receipt on Monday and it still shows as pending. I’ve never had it take this long before.

Thanks,

❤️

0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Receipt verification

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I have never heard of one taking longer than a few hours, but 48 to 72 hours seems reasonable.

What store was it for?

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Kimberstar23: I only do receipt scan stores.  Sometimes one of receipts get stuck in PENDING. When it exceeds 48 hours typically I submit a ticket to inquire if it got stuck.  Usually the response is "Yes, thank you for bringing it to our attention." Occasionally it clears before CS responds. When That happens I close my ticket. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@Kimberstar23   Usually pretty quickly.  But there's been a few times I've waited 3 days before a receipt cleared.  Anything longer, I send a ticket.  Sometimes it gets stuck in cyberspace.   If the receipt is pending under notifications (bell icon), click on that receipt upload and then the ? in the upper right.  Select report an issue.  A dialog box pops up.  I keep it short, saying Hey!  This receipt is taking a long time to clear, can you look into it?  Usually  gets resolved in a day or so. But once, it was within an hr!

0 Likes

Kimberstar23
Deal Sharer

Thank you all for the information. I typically only do Walmart receipts because of the scan code, but this one was from Kroger’s. And it was a big shopping trip (I earned $98 from Ibotta from just this one shopping trip), that’s why I figured it was taking so long. I will submit a ticket now but seeing it’s now the weekend, I’m sure it will be next week before it is taken care of lol.

Thanks again 

0 Likes

TXbelle
Super Saver

@Kimberstar23 , holy moly a $98 Ibotta run! You rock. I have sometimes had Kroger receipts get stuck in pending. I used to count down to the 48hrs before sending a request. But sometimes I get anxious that a bonus might disappear before the receipt gets accepted, so I have jumped the gun by a few hours and sent in a request. It's usually a quick fix for the care team. 

0 Likes