cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rouses reciept not scanning

Analyns
Rewards Hunter

I went to rouses to get the Florida lemonade and community ice latte then I came home to scan my receipt but not scanning

0 Likes
15 Replies

Re: Rouses reciept not scanning

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

I've had my fair share of crappy Rouse's receipts.  Sometimes I can get it to scan a few hrs later, or try hitting the barcode at different angles or in better light.  If it's still not scanning, I know it's a total pain, but you'll have to send a ticket.  Include screenshots of the offers, your receipt, and whatever bonus/es the items should be tracking towards. 

I wish there was a way to type in the receipt barcode or submit a photo like other stores.  I have since learned to avoid certain lanes at my closest Rouses b/c the printer is not in line, like there's gap between the letters, like this

R USES

It throws the barcode off, and the app can't scan it b/c the lines aren't together -  lll  lllll

Then of the other lanes, I have to hold my breath and hope the printer isn't on it's last leg of ink!

Good Luck!

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

I don't have a Rouses in my area, so I have no idea what the Rouses receipts look like.

I pulled up Rouses in the Ibotta app and noticed it wants a barcode, similar to Walmart.  At the bottom of the screen, you should see 'Having trouble? Enter barcode manually'  If you press there, you will get a screen so you can enter the barcode information manually.  Again, I am assuming that there is a number on the receipt AND that it is legible.

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

Screenshot_20220707-205008_Ibotta.jpg

Screenshot_20220707-205019_Ibotta.jpg

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@Saipan @mmoore01 

Unfortunately the box to type in the barcode doesn't work.  This is a picture from an older receipt.  I've tried multiple combinations, but it always gives me an error.  It's either an option there by mistake or maybe they're working on the ability to enter the receipt barcode? 

16572467377087841347168322320735.jpg

0 Likes

Zombie
Core Shopper

@MelissaR I don't have Rouses in my area, but regarding avoiding specific registers, I've tried to get myself into the habit of testing the receipt printers at unfamiliar registers by purchasing a single non-rebate item first and only proceeding to ring up the rest of my items if the register prints a legible receipt. If not, I move to a different register and the employees look at me like I'm crazy.

123Save
Deal Ambassador

@Zombie 

I ask the CSR in the SCO area at Target and Kroger to verify if the receipt prints nice and legibly before I start. They roll their eyes but I exclaim I need to take a picture to earn my cash back!

I visited Target 2 days in a row and went back to the same register but the receipt was horrible with several blank text columns. I guess their printers are cheap or truly need daily maintenance. 

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@Zombie   I try to stick with a few familiar cashiers, so I will ask ahead if the receipt is printing dark or light before putting my items on the belt.  But if it's super busy, and/or I don't see anyone familiar, I just take my chance and pick a lane except for 7 & 9 LOL

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

A Kay Roger store I shop added a second bank of SCOs. The new bank has all new equipment. 

With no worries, I went to the old bank a little while after and received a blurry faded printout. It was about the last time I went through those.

I was told by the SCO attendant on duty "they print fine" .

*In this case, the ability to "manually" scan/upload an image of the receipt might be helpful. 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

@MelissaR 

I used a barcode scanner to tell me what the barcode says.  Here are the numbers that this barcode generates:

The numbers below the barcode show this:

011063 03-21-22   1:10P 831/03/0033

I can match up most of the items, but where did the 1514 in the barcode come from?  Is this the Store number or the register number?

When I entered the barcode or the  barcode numbers, Ibotta accepted it.  Too bad the receipt doesn't tell you the code for the barcode so you can enter it in.  Hope they get this figured out..

0 Likes