cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical problems

limsy
Rewards Guide

More and more glitches everyday...

First - "0 offers found" and I have to scan every single item manually.

Now even more - almost every  single submitted receipt doesn't go through, - it stuck  pending forever, and when I contact Ibotta I get  "We reviewed your receipt and it looks like the issue was that the receipt got stuck processing in our system. "

Lara, can you report this issue to Ibotta, please? I almost stopped using app because of so many technical problems.

7 Replies

Re: Technical problems

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@limsy @LaraL 

I feel your pain check out these posts 

Manually entering rebates 

Turn Around Time 

Anyone having trouble getting a receipt processed this weekend? 

Check out these posts left by other app users. 

Paying full price is optional
0 Likes

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I have to agree.  The saying, "If you build it, they will come" applies.  But you have to build it right.

The Activity area (click the Bell on the Home screen) has been revamped, but it isn't working correctly.

I submitted two receipts this morning.  I wanted to verify I got credit, but when I selected the first receipt I scanned, it did not show the items I submitted.  Instead, it showed the Mid Week Money Maker bonus status.

I looked at the second receipt and I got the details for the FIRST receipt.

I then looked at the next entry (which says I am at 62% of the Mid Week Money Maker bonus), but when I select this, I get the status of the Pumpkin Bonus.

This sounds like the app is just off and with all the issues with the cache, I decided to clear it to see what happens.

The cache was 361 MB.  That's a lot of memory and one simple mistake could cause all kinds of issues.  It is by far the app with the largest cache on my phone.  It sounds like someone in the technical area is not cleaning up after themselves.  

After I cleared the cache, I selected the first receipt entry.  It still shows the status of the Mid Week Money Maker bonus.  The second receipt entry shows the FIRST receipt information.  Somehow the entries are off by one.  It seems I got credit for the SECOND receipt, but the details are not available.  I suspect the receipt I submit next will have the SECOND receipt information.

@LaraL , this needs immediate attention.  I see it is only off by one (for now), but other users may not understand what is going on and you don't need 10,000 tickets opened up for this. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks folks, I'll relay this feedback. I have some theories as to why it was "stuck processing" but not 100% sure.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

So we looked into your account and they mentioned that you're taking receipt images from a bit too far away and this can lead to misreading the receipt. He suggested you try bringing the receipt closer to your camera when scanning. Let me know if this helps at all.

0 Likes

Dean
Core Shopper

@LaraL  I think a lot of issues could be solved by taking better pictures of receipts. I scan receipts so that the left and right edges meet the side guidelines. This requires multiple photos for long receipts but I seldom have issues with receipts not being read.

@mmoore01  That’s a lot of cache for any app. Do you know what the app size is? On iOS, the Ibotta app size is 112.2 MB. There’s no way to directly see the cache size but there is a Documents & Data listing for each app. This is similar to cache. On my iPhone it is 16.9 MB and on the iPad it is 49.2 MB. These change constantly but they stay within the same size range. Other savings apps are much larger to the point that I can’t load them on my old iPhone. The Android developers should look into this because it seems like a strange issue. 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

Here is a screenshot of my Ibotta app under Android.  As you can see, the cache is not currently 361 MB, but remember I cleared the cache earlier.

The size of the Ibotta app is 204 MB.

Screenshot_20210914-143827.png

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

I just asked about these issues, one of which is specifically about the cache. I'll let you know what I hear back.

0 Likes