cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to a New phone

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

My wife just got a new phone.  She has her own Ibotta account.

I seem to remember someone having issues when they changed phones, but I didn't find anything here.

Could she have a problem with her Ibotta account now that she has a new phone?  The phone number and account information is the same.

Thanks.

0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Upgrading to a New phone

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

She should be fine but if anything happens let me know and I'll escalate it.

123Save
Core Shopper

@mmoore01 I changed phones back in July when I got a new iPhone; it was setup from a saved backup of my old iPhone, so same phone number.

I have a horrible memory but don’t recall any issues. I went back through my emails and texts. Didn’t have anything from Ibotta (like verification codes etc). I did make a successful withdrawal to PayPal on the second day using the new phone.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

I think you are misremembering the situations where others had problems trying to change phone numbers, and one was attached to an old account.   As others have said, I also think you should be good, and if not, LaraL is nearby.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

@mmoore01 

I have changed phones recently and didn't encounter any issues.  Just install the app and use as usual.  I would recommend she remove app from old phone and discontinue using old phone. 

As a personal security measure I would reset the old phone back to factory settings and remove Sim card and memory card.

Paying full price is optional
0 Likes

Kylasm1977
Deal Sharer

The only issue I've ever had with changing devices was a new phone not being compatible with the Ibotta app, so it could not install. Not ibotta's fault the model was incompatible. Just had to check back for new updates of the app.

0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@mmoore01

Ditto the comment by  @OBSHOP. Maybe just logout on old device if keeping it. 

I keep IB installed on my old device but not logged in. 

0 Likes

Amckinney7
Saver

I changed from iphone to Android in December and had zero issues

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

As long as you keep the same phone number and email address, you should have no issues at all. I just upgraded my phone recently and it was a smooth transition. 

Marethundsabre
Core Shopper

I just switched to a new a few days ago. I had no issues with my account. I just synced my info from the old phone to the new phone so all my passwords would transfer. I installed the Ibotta app on my new phone and signed in. Everything was normal. If you install Ibotta app on your new phone and remember your log in info you should be just fine. I hope you like your new phone.