cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Walgreens cash help

Mar45
Saver

Hi all, I’ve searched this forum and others for this question but could not find an answer. If I have a Walgreens spend booster (spend $40) and order let’s say 6 items and request substitutions if OOS, but only 5 items are fulfilled and I do not meet the spend booster for Walgreens cash, will I still be able to receive WC? I should not be penalized for the stores inventory when it listed as in stock on the app and I requested substitue items, right? Someone had mentioned to cancel the order and replace it with a new order with the 5 in stock items and a replacement item to hit the spend requirement but then I will have lost the digital coupons I initially applied to the order. Seems like no easy way to go about this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Walgreens cash help

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I may go against the grain here, but I would not try to get the WC.  You did not earn it.  I am not being judgmental.  I am simply stating facts.   There is nothing wrong with you asking them to give you the money, but I personally could not do that.    But it's not about me.   It's about you.

They can't constantly give people a deal that is meant for buying X items when only X-1 or X-2 items were purchased.  I personally would take them back or take the L, but it is your call.  No store guarantees inventory, so this is not their fault at all.

Unfortunately, WAGS is one of the worst with their inventory, and people constantly have to take things back and then complain about it on other sites, so you are not alone at all.  This is why I always go into the store.  Good luck with whatever you decide though, but don't rely on WAGS stock in the future.   They are not Target.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

cjwoody
Super Saver

@Mar45  You can call Walgreens customer service and explain your situation.  They are usually pretty good about adding WGC to your account in good faith.  My main approach is just to be as nice as possible.  I also do a gut-check on the initial greeting from my customer service rep… if I get the sense of any attitude whatsoever, I hang up and call again (this goes for any retailer).

Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get the boost if you did not meet the requirements.

However, Walgreens Customer Support is very good about making things right.  If you suggest you will have to take everything back, they will probably credit your account the $5.00 in Walgreens Cash.

Their number is 800-walgreens

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I may go against the grain here, but I would not try to get the WC.  You did not earn it.  I am not being judgmental.  I am simply stating facts.   There is nothing wrong with you asking them to give you the money, but I personally could not do that.    But it's not about me.   It's about you.

They can't constantly give people a deal that is meant for buying X items when only X-1 or X-2 items were purchased.  I personally would take them back or take the L, but it is your call.  No store guarantees inventory, so this is not their fault at all.

Unfortunately, WAGS is one of the worst with their inventory, and people constantly have to take things back and then complain about it on other sites, so you are not alone at all.  This is why I always go into the store.  Good luck with whatever you decide though, but don't rely on WAGS stock in the future.   They are not Target.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Solved! Go to solution

Mar45
Saver

Thanks all for the help. I’m going to call customer service and see what they suggest. If they can’t give me WC (and I would understand why given that I didn’t hit the spend req), I’ll ask them to reinstate the coupons so I can cancel the order and buy my items in store.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

cjwoody
Super Saver

@Mar45  They can’t reinstate the coupons, so they may offer to give you the value of those coupons in WGC.

@Rickibotta  I agree that the reward was not technically earned.  It shifts to being a good faith award to honor the honesty and sincerity of the shopper’s intentions (and perhaps to recognize the shortcoming of their inventory system integration hahaha!)

Solved! Go to solution

lacimccullough
Rewards Hunter

at the Walgreens i work at, were a smaller store so our inventory is smaller aswelll, esp eith sale or cash rewards items usually sale out by monday. but in your case and in others where you dont qualify for your rewards bc of subs i usually will just add the points to your account after the transaction. maybe you can get with your stores team lead and discuss this option o