cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walgreens curbside order (question about expiring coupons)

Zombie
Rewards Guide

I want to place a curbside order at Walgreens that I intend to pick up tomorrow. There will be coupons that attach to my order that are set to expire today.

Does anyone know if the coupons will still apply since I will be placing the order before they expire?

Also, will I still earn the applicable points and register rewards for the sale today, since I intend to pick it up tomorrow?

I'm hoping that someone here has some experience with testing this?

0 Likes
13 Replies

Re: Walgreens curbside order (question about expiring coupons)

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

I wish I knew someone who worked at WAGS that I could ask.  I have not done this, but it seems clear-cut to me.

Once you place the order it will apply the DQs and charge you.  So that part will be good.  I didn't realize u got rr for pickup or delivery.  I swore rr was only instore.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Zombie
Rewards Guide

@Rickibotta I mean, I work at Walgreens. I just don't know the answer to this question because the curbside thing has been a relatively new feature and those particular details were not gone over in the training modules. Plus curbside is not my department, so I don't have the opportunity to observe the details of the process. 

And I'm pretty sure that none of my coworkers will know the answer because none of them pay close enough attention to notice if an order contained a previous weeks sales.

Based on my understanding of the process, I'm guessing that the coupons would attach when the order is placed. My bigger concern is the register rewards printing for a previous week's sale...

And YES! Since curbside orders are rung up at a normal register, you will earn all applicable register rewards! I have tested this myself on multiple occasions. However you will NOT EARN REGISTER REWARDS for ship to store or ship to home orders (these orders are not rung up at an in-store register).

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

I guess I missed the memo about curbside. 

It used to be that even if WAGS had it in stock, it was a STS.  And curbside was just how you picked up the online STS order.

I guess u r saying that store pickup is now a separate thing that earns rr,  it probably has been this way fir a while and I was just ignorant about it.  Do I get a proper cash register receipt that I can use with ibotta, SK, SB, CSC, etc?

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

My understanding is the coupons will be honored when the order is placed.  That part should be good.

As for register rewards, I have always thought that the order must be in-store to get these.  However, some have indicated they have received them, others have said they didn't.  I don't know what the official word is on these.

I have had issues getting Register Rewards even in-store.  One store told me their printer was broken.  I have talked with a manager and they have given me Walgreens Cash instead.

I would suggest calling Walgreens customer support.  If they tell you Register Rewards should be given for Pickup Orders, then if you don't get it, they should give you Walgreens Cash instead.

0 Likes

Joymjoy
Deal Sharer

@Zombie 

I’ve done a lot of curbside orders. The coupons will apply based on when the order is placed. The RR will print based on the “promotion” as of the time it is rung through the register (as that is what triggers the Catalina machine/printer). I don’t know on Walgreens cash, not willing to miss out on $ to test it.

@Rickibotta 

Yes it does print an actual receipt that can be scanned for rebates.

0 Likes

Zombie
Rewards Guide

@Rickibotta yes, curbside is a new-ish option that Walgreens rolled out last year to compete with the big stores like Walmart during Covid. It is totally different than the in-store pickup (ship to store) option. See screenshot below

Screenshot_20210731-191724~2.png

Notice how each box in the screenshot has its own in stock / out of stock indicator. The pickup stock indicator is based on the selected store's inventory.

Some stores keep their inventory counts more accurate than others (it depends primarily both on the store management AND store location - areas with high theft struggle greatly to keep accurate inventory counts; high employee turnover also plays a distinct but less obvious role in inventory accuracy).

Also notice how it says ready in as little as 30 minutes. We (store employees) pick the orders ourselves. The look up the orders on those little scanner tools and it tells the locations of the customers list of items. We scan each item to verify that it matches, make substitutions if necessary, and then bag and label the order.

I have been able to successfully submit curbside receipts to Ibotta and CDC. Haven't tried any of the others yet. The receipt looks a little different (less detail than normal receipts), but contains all necessary info for rebates.

0 Likes

Zombie
Rewards Guide

@mmoore01 I work at Walgreens. Register rewards will print for curbside because the orders are processed through the same registers that we use to ring up normal in-store customers.

If the register rewards do not print, it is for some other reason and would also not have printed if you had made that same purchase at the same time in-store yourself.

There are many different issues that can cause the RRs to not print when they should:

1. Similar to how you will sometimes come across digital coupons in our app that for example will apply to every single Olay body wash EXCEPT the one you picked out, sometimes the RR deals get coded without including a few items (old products, new products, obscure products).

2. Sometimes a specific register has a broken Catalina printer.

3. Sometimes all the Catalina printers aren't working properly (even as a couponer myself, sometimes while running the register, it gets so busy that I don't notice that nothing is printing until a customer mentions that they didn't receive an expected coupon).

Those are the main reasons that come to mind.

And honestly, customer support doesn't work in stores so I have frequently found them to know even less about how things work in store than we know.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

Let me know if u try it thru SB.

I also would be concerned that they may not run it thru the register until tomorrow morning, meaning you would miss out on a rr if it ends today.

@Joymjoy , thoughts?

0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@Zombie  my new best friend! 🤩  I love Walgreens. 

Keep us in the loop with the good deals! 😎👍