cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart app through Ibotta

jasbaby24
Rewards Hunter

The new Walmart app through Ibotta is HORRIBLE! Why did it change from the regular app? I do not want my Grocery Pick Up and my Walmart.com to be mixed together. When using it, I cannot check in via the app, nor can I notify the store once I have arrived. I end up sitting and waiting and addition 20-30 minutes for a staff member to manually check me in and another 10-15 minutes for my order. Also, I can not view my purchase history from the original app which does allow me to check in and notify the store of my arrival. And it charges an extra $5.99 if your order is under $35. Some times, I just need a couple of things and I don't want to pay extra to get something minor. Anyone else having this issue? 

Ibotta if you are monitoring PLEASE GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL APP!

0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Walmart app through Ibotta

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Sorry you are having issues with the new app.

There is another thread posted on Ibotta Community talking about the new app and how Walmart Pickup&Delivery is missing from the new Ibotta app.  See below.

I have only shopped Walmart Pickup&Delivery a few times, but I don't have the new app so it is still separate for me.

I believe the $5.99 charge is a Walmart issue, not Ibotta.  Unless you have Walmart+, there is a charge for Walmart Pickup&Delivery if the amount is less than $35.  But I could be wrong.

Sorry, wrong link.  Here is the correct link:

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/general-support/walmart-no-longer-pickup-amp-delivery/m-p/49834

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

Walmart updated their app, has nothing to do with Ibotta.  I myself, have my apps set up to where I have to manually select to update rather than doing it automatically.  After reading the negative comments the past few weeks, have skipped over updating the WM app until it's absolutely necessary.  I'm hoping with all the negative comments they're getting, they'll go back to the previous version. 

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I got something from Walmart indicating the app had changed, but I haven't seen any difference.  But I don't use Pickup&Delivery much, either.

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeah so we have no influence on Walmart's app, the only thing we do is track purchases made when launches through the app.

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@mmoore01  From what I've seen & heard, it's a mess.  When I launch the WM app, I have a split screen to start shopping pickup/delivery or walmart.com.  On the .com side, I have my store selected and I can search for products to see availability and it shows aisle location.  I can also look at different store loctions by clicking options when I click the items description.  The updated version is just one page.  The search feature doesn't work the same as the older app version, the aisle # isn't there and you have to select whether you want delivery, shipped or pickup for every item.  And then it isn't clear until you put the item in your cart that it's for delivery or pickup.  3rd party sellers are mixed in. And the updated version of the price scanner doesn't seem to work properly.  It's just a cluster fudge!

drdiane
Rewards Hunter

I agree!  I haven't had the issue from my phone, but from my computer.  In fact, I logged in to Ibotta, followed the link to Walmart and it kept wanting me to select items that would be available in 2 days.  I had to select "pick-up" at the top of each screen.  I do like that it shows which things have cash back.  HOWEVER after I placed my order, no message from Ibotta. I didn't get credit for shopping even though the cash back items were framed in my cart.  Do NOT like the pick-up and walmart.com mixed. And now that Ibotta didn't work, I'm even more mad and frustrated!

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You shouldn't have to select pick-up each time, however it is normal to not get credit from us until some time after you pick-up the order. You won't see it right away. I actually did the exact process you went through a week ago (Walmart.com), I received confirmation and credits roughly a couple days after I picked it up from the store.

0 Likes