cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart link account

Babyblue888
Rewards Hunter

Hi,  I recently did a pick up order at Walmart and I had to link my account.  I didn’t realized that the next day my husband was purchasing stuff for his offers on his account that it thought I was the one using my account.  We both use the same credit card and it has the same number.  When he tried to redeem his items it said the receipt had already been loaded.  Well that receipt that was automatically uploaded and linked to my account wasn’t able to redeem any offers off my account since I had already redeemed those items a few days earlier.  Is there a way he can still submit his receipt?  I have now unlinked my walmart account 

0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Walmart link account

carlson5crew
Rewards Hunter

This is kind of the same situation we are in. My daughter forgot her card so I purchased her items and now it’s not giving us credit because my card is linked and already redeemed.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Hey folks,

This is a known issue with account linking at the moment.

If you submit a ticket to our Care team they should be able to get this adjusted for you.

0 Likes

rissamber
Rewards Hunter

I had a sort of similar issue today. Me and my husband went to Walmart to get the ibotta deals (seperate recipes for my items and seperate for his) I paid for mine with my debit card, he paid for his with his. I scanned my recipt on my phone no problem recieved my money. Went home scanned his and it said the samething that it's been redeemed when it hasn't. He then tried to just scan my recipt thinking maybe I did the wrong one and nope it said that they were linked and neither of us have debit cards linked to ibotta or Walmart so I have no idea. I'm upset thought be ause we wouldn't have gotten the items.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Hi @rissamber,

Our Care team should be able to get you taken care of if you submit a ticket. If you have already done so then I imagine they will get back to you very soon, if they haven't already.

0 Likes

carlson5crew
Rewards Hunter

Hello, can you guide me on how to put a ticket is with the care team. My daughter and mother are having the same issues.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Sure thing. In the app go to Account > Help > Get help with a purchase OR Visit the Help Center > Submit a request. You can access the latter from here.

0 Likes

ZEPGIRL18
Rewards Hunter

Hi Lara! 

I’m also running into this problem. My spouse and I have separate Ibotta accounts but he accidentally used the credit card that was linked to my Walmart account for his purchase. I tried unlinking it but now when we scan the receipt we receive an error that it’s already been scanned (sorry, I can’t remember the exact verbiage) and he hasn’t been credited for any of his purchases. I’ve talked to two different reps, but I don’t seem to be explaining  my situation clearly as I haven’t been able to get this resolved. 

Any chance you can help with this or point me to someone else who can try? 

Appreciate you!

0 Likes

Mary22
Ibotta Employee
Ibotta Employee

Hi @ZEPGIRL18! If your spouse is the one missing the cash back, please have him create a Help Desk ticket with a picture of the receipt and a list of the offers he was attempting to redeem so that we can look into this issue for him. Thank you!