cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart receipt errors 03/11/2022

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

I made two purchases at Walmart this morning on 03/11/2022 and both contained errors when I redeemed my receipts.  I will explain each and try to keep it as simple as possible. I will be contacting the Care Team to correct these issues.  Last week when I encountered issues, I lost my patience with the Care Team exchange of emails asking for pictures of bar codes, receipts, and products. 

The two issues encountered this week with Walmart is with scanning receipt TC number and correcting item prior to submitting.  The second is with my linked account giving me credit for products I didn't purchase and not able to correct. 

1. please ref to the screenshot below.  I redeemed this Walmart receipt using the TC code all went well during the redemption process. The system picked up 20oz bag of Blue Diamond almonds.  I corrected then submitted see (we found cash) for the 2 items I did purchase. When I received the email confirmation (You earned) the same item I removed is now showing I received credit.  I purchased 2 qualifying items and submitted the same and still received credit for 3 items. 

OBSHOP_0-1647030722268.jpeg

2. The next is concerns using linked Walmart account. Please see attached screenshot. I purchased one can of Lysol odor neutralizing spray. Reviewing the earning history, I also received credit for Lysol disinfectant spray which I did not purchase. I did purchase three avocados from Mexico and did not receive credit.  I did not have an option to add missed products or remove incorrect item. 

OBSHOP_2-1647031970624.jpeg

Can any of the fellow seasoned Ibotta app users understand what I have explained?  The most frustrating fact about this situation. I will contact the Care Team to resolve, and I will receive a message worded as if I intentionally selected products I didn't purchase or entered the wrong quantity. 

When I report an overpayment, I have received messages requesting photos of products for credits that were already rewarded.  If anyone else is have this issue please add a brief description and we can try to get this over to the tech team via @JuliannaV 

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Walmart receipt errors 03/11/2022

Nique
Deal Ambassador

In my experience, the Care Team does not understand what you are saying when you report getting credit for things you didn’t purchase. Honesty must be that rare… It’s not worth the hassle. In the end, they thank you and tell you to keep it. It’s happened to me.

The produce offers at Walmart have been tricky for me. Each time I have redeemed one, I’ve had to put in a ticket because it matched when I submitted my receipt, but then I wasn’t credited. I reported it, had to send photos, etc.—yes, photos of apples—and then received credit.

My account is not linked, and from reading the experiences, I will absolutely keep it that way.

Merry
Rewards Guide

I recently unlinked Walmart because of all the problems that are happening.

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@OBSHOP First let me state that my intention is not to be dismissive of your concerns. I understand your frustration when things don't go as they should, even in cases where the error happens to be in your favor. That said, I no longer contact the help ceter regarding overpayments, and I'm much happier for it.

Overpayments don't happen often. When they do, however, like you, I make an effort to remove the incorrect item. What follows... what HAPPENS on their end afterward... well, I figure I did what I could, and that's that.

Just as @Nique and you described, it's taken forever to get the care team to really READ 👀 my tickets and understand my issue in these cases... Then, only to end up having them tell me, "Thanks for letting us know... Carry on... As you were... Whatever..." Well, THAT'S super frustrating!

These experiences tell me that they expect these incidents, specifically, to happen from time to time, and, more importantly, aren't tasked with caring about it. 

I believe that if these kinds of overpayments were something to be concerned about, in terms of the integrity of our accounts, they'd definitely let us know about it.

I could justify my actions (or lack therof) by saying it's ok because I also let many underpayments go; therefore, it comes out in the wash. But honestly, I just think I'm doing both myself and the care team agent a favor by not alerting them to it.

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Francoise 

Thank you for you input, this is what this forum is all about being able to share favorable and unfavorable experiences.  I appreciate you sharing your experiences and responding to my initial post. 

Since joining Ibotta 721 days ago I have read many frustrating posts from other app users concerning locked accounts while their accounts are under review for various reasons.  Therefore, regardless of the amount of an overpayment for an item I didn't redeem. I will report it myself.  

In most 99% of all the overpayments I have reported, I was thanked for my honesty and allowed to keep the overpayment.  I have let some smaller underpayments go without claiming in the end everything has balanced out. 

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@OBSHOP You have every reason to continue reporting overpayments to the care team. For me, however, the fact that over 99% of reported overpayments are left as is by the care team coupled with how difficult it can often be to get the issue across in the first place is enough to make me throw up my hands in frustration. Obviously, I don't possess your resolve. I applaud your tenacity. 👍

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@Francoise I have also reported over payments several times in the past and they’ve always been very polite and saying they appreciate it but it gets too complicated to try to explain it and or they just let it go which I can completely understand. I realized tonight after I looked at what they had credited me they credited me way too much for these carbona cleaners I bought at Publix for free! Like it doesn’t even make sense.  Although who doesn’t like to get extra money but I also get freaked out when I realized I’ve been credited too much and then a bonus has come through and I didn’t actually do anything wrong!

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@Shopgirl It's definitely freaky when you get more than you've earned and expect, especially when so many share stories of being accused of wrongdoing.

At some point though, being met every time by near indifference from the care folks took the freak out of me. ☺

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

In my opinion, we should be opening up requests when this happens in hopes that someone will fix the problems. 

My fear is that the person who works the ticket will simply give you credit and not pass on the issue to technical support.  Nothing gets fixed and the problems continue.

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@mmoore01 Thats true! The squeaky wheel gets the grease. And we can only hope that whomever we contact, instead of nodding and smiling, actually asks for some grease! 😉

0 Likes