cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Walmart receipt submission

Scoulthurst09
Shopper

@Rickibotta I’ve been having the same issue as @Edawn24 @for over a week now. It progressed to just kicking me out of the app now instead of staying stuck on the loading screen. I don’t believe the issue is linked accounts. My account isn’t linked and it also happened with my cvs receipt. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Scoulthurst09 

I  never said linked accounts had anything to do with things spinning..or kickingvanyone out.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Debbie3768
Rewards Hunter

I’ve been trying for 2 days, still not loading.

Scoulthurst09
Shopper

@Rickibotta 

Hi. I didn’t say anything about something spinning.. I was going off of your response, “ It sounds like your WM account is linked, and if so you can't submit a receipt.  But if uploading a receipt to WM redeems offers, that should happen if linked” to @Edawn24 post which was about his issue with his screen being stuck in the finding offers screen. I was saying I was having the same issue so I don’t believe having your ibotta linked to Walmart account is the issue because mine aren’t linked. Then I added extra info about what was happening now with the app closing while in the finding offers process thinking you may have any other thoughts on what may be happening...

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Scoulthurst09 

I never said anything about spinning or stuck.  I was not talking about your issue at all.   I was not talking about their issue either.  I was making an observation about their situation trying to submit a receipt in the first place by uploading their receipt to WM purchase history. 

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

tconaghan
Rewards Hunter

OMG - I thought I was the only one experiencing this.

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

The Ibotta app is a monster app.  It requires quite a bit of storage to run, though it may load.

If you have an android phone, you will need close to a gig of storage available to run it smoothly.

If you have any apps that you don't use, I would remove them.  If you have a ton of pictures and videos, I would download them to another device or to a SD card.  Even a lot of text messages (with video and pictures) can take up storage.

Unfortunately, Ibotta does not publish the minimum storage requirements for their app.

If you have lots of memory and are still having problems, I would open a Request to Ibotta Care and let them know of your issues.  They may have some short-term solutions.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

Can u respond to what I mentioned earlier?.  They were talking about scanning a receipt,but also said they uploaded to purchase history and got credit that way.

Uploading to purchase history would not get ibotta credit for submitted receipts, but rather only as a back door for linked accounts, correct?

0 Likes

123Save
Skilled Saver

Just adding my experience from this morning. My Walmart account is not linked and I always add my receipt to my purchase history in the Walmart app prior to scanning it in the Ibotta app. I use iOS.

After scanning the receipt barcode, the Ibotta app seemed slow and took about 8-10 seconds to say receipt found. Usually it’s almost instant.

Next, it began the finding offers process…again, this is usually pretty quick (just a few seconds) regardless how many offers you have. I bought 10 items and of those, 4 had offers. It took nearly 2 full minutes!? I almost forced closed the app, as I’m impatient but I waited. Upon submission, the offers were immediately credited to my account like always  

So, long story short- something is up with Ibotta scanning Walmart in-store receipts. 

0 Likes

Edawn24
Rewards Guide

@Rickibotta correct, it is linked. Walmart is one tho that allows you to scan your receipt as well either way. I prefer doing that because I often use gift cards, and in general cash back times are more predictable vs using the linked in some way. But as long as I can retroactively add my receipt to my Walmart account, it’s all good. Just a bit of a hassle for me compared to just scanning on ibotta as soon as I check out 🙂

0 Likes