cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Walmart receipt submission

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I currently do not have my Ibotta account linked to my Walmart account, but here is my understanding:

When you link your Ibotta Account with Walmart, any transaction with Walmart with the credit card/debit card you have in the Walmart account can trigger the receipt to be sent to Ibotta.

During the beta testing, I linked my Ibotta to Walmart.  Instead of using Walmart Pay, I paid my purchase with my credit card.  I then scanned my Walmart Receipt into the Walmart app. I then tried to scan my receipt in Ibotta.  It said my receipt was already processed.  That's when I unlinked my account.

I don't know for sure if the act of scanning my receipt into the Walmart app or using the same credit card I have in the Walmart app triggered this.  I seem to remember @LaraL indicating it was the credit card in the Walmart app.

I prefer to control when and how my information is submitted to Ibotta, so I don't link any accounts.  The only exception has been when there was a bonus or special offer associated with a Pickup & Delivery order at Walmart or Target.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Edawn24
Rewards Guide

@mmoore01 yup, you are right, but i didn’t use a card associated with my account for this purchase 🙂 I do like that feature tho that you don’t have to mess with anything if you use a linked card. I just don’t always do that 😄

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Edawn24 

So I am still confused.

You say it was stuck finding offers, and you said you are linked.  If you are linked. You do not need to submit your receipt

So are you saying you have two accounts?

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Edawn24
Rewards Guide

@Rickibotta yes, as I stated previously, I have two accounts.

just messing with you. 😉  No, I still submit receipts often when I use a method of payment that isn’t on my account. So after a few days, I gave up and figured out how to add to my Walmart receipt to my Walmart via their app. I’m not sure if the issue is fixed or not. I haven’t tried to upload a WM receipt since.  

0 Likes

Teeshell2
Rewards Hunter

I’ve have trouble with uploading my Walmart receipts I have missed out on a few offers it just won’t load 

0 Likes

Lmwanhala
Shopper

This is happening to me with Walgreens and jewel Osco. The screen freezes and it doesn’t my my products I purchased. 

0 Likes

InstaSaver
Shopper

No, but now that I’ve earned enough money to cash out I get this.

DABDCE79-3583-49C3-BEDF-66654C077F3C.png

0 Likes

Re: Do you speak Ibotta?

InstaSaver
Shopper

Okay Somebody tag me or reply to me if your I bots is working or you have used your gift cards please?

[Message moved]

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Ibotta recommends you wait at least 48 hours before trying to withdraw earnings for the first time.  This is for security reasons.

More than likely, your account is locked.  You will need to open a request.  In the app, go to Account, then scroll down to Help.  At the top of the page is a link for Submit a Request.

Please note is can take 2-3 days to get a response from Ibotta Care.

0 Likes

Lmwanhala
Shopper

This is happening to me also for Walgreens and Jewel Osco. 

0 Likes