cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was told access was restored; however, still can’t withdraw

AshpDenzel303
Rewards Hunter

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with this before. I created an account not too long ago, and I messaged support asking if it would be okay to post some little flyers in the break room of my office, with my referral code. Support messaged back and said that would be fine (and reminded me of the rules/etc). 

Over the next few days, although I’ve only had one referral user sign up, I myself did use the app quite a bit when stocking up on alcohol for a wedding reception. After trying to withdraw — and receiving an error — I messaged support. They responded with: 

Hello Ashley,

Our automated system flagged your account for review based on either Ibotta Saver data, shopping behavior, or account audits.

Upon review of your account, we have noticed unusual behavior in regard to the value or frequency of receipt submissions.

Please provide us with any information you can in order to help us make a decision regarding your account. Please note, your account will remain locked until we receive your response and complete our review.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Account Review Team”

I responded and explained the situation, and said I would follow up with screenshots of the text thread where I told my family that I would take care of the alcohol purchases. I did follow up with those screenshots, and finally received the following message in response: 

“Hello Ashley,

Thank you for writing in. We reviewed your account and found our automated system flagged your account for review based on either Ibotta Saver data, shopping behavior, or account audits. We completed our review and have now restored full access to your account and earnings.

We verified irregular shopping behavior associated with your account and have reason to believe that these purchases were made by, or for, other people. 

By using this Service you agree not to misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the Service. Per the Terms of Use, Section 7, Ibotta Savers may not redeem, or attempt to redeem Ibotta offers for products that have not actually been purchased and retained by that Saver.

Please review our Terms of Use to avoid your account being locked out in the future. They can be viewed here: https://legal.ibotta.com/policies?name=ibotta-terms-of-use.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you for using Ibotta and have a great day!

Account Review Team”

I was admittedly a bit confused by the wording, because even though they said my access was restored, they also pointed out the “irregularities” they noticed. Nonetheless, they said “we completed our review and have now restored full access to your account and earnings.”

However….I am still unable to withdraw. I’m getting the same error message I received originally.

I have been in contact with support over the past several days, I have verified my email/phone/device, and am honestly at a loss for what’s going on at this point.

I know this is a community page — meaning, not a place to receive official support (and I did reach back out to support) — however, I’m just curious if anyone has gone through this before? Some Google searching showed me that people have dealt with withdrawal holds before, but has anyone been told that their account and earnings were fully restored, only to discover they they weren’t? I’m starting to get a tad worried about how many hoops I’m going to have to jump through anytime I wish to withdraw anything from my account 😞

Thanks!

PS - as I mentioned above, I don’t expect that support members are present in the community forums; however, if I’m mistaken, I’d truly appreciate if someone could reach out. So far, my correspondences with Ibotta support have typically taken 2 days — which is no big deal, but I’d love to not have to go days and days to finally get this resolved 😩

0 Likes