cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my rebates being reversed, Why why why Care Team?

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

Twice in 2 weeks I have not received full credit for all the qualifying items purchased at Wal-Mart. 

The first purchase I bought 15 items, and yes all were added and active in my gallery as well as scanned to double check to ensure I had the correct product.  I only received credit for 13/15 items.  Now I realized the two items were missing and sent a separate ticket for each item.  Tates cookies and Rockstar energy drink. 

I submitted a ticket to the care team and then the automatic reply messages are sent prior to a resolution like clock work.  Please send photos of receipt, UPC, and product.  I complied then the next message is received that goes a little like this "after reviewing your account It looks like you have already received credit for these items" then two unrelated rebates are reversed. WTFO! why would an item be reversed for which a rebate was acknowledged in the conformation message.   

The first care team member issued credit for the energy drink, the second care team member reversed rebates on Ready-whip and Trident chewing gum each of these products required multi products to qualify for rebates.

I made a late night run to Walmart to pick up a few thing 7 items purchased only received credit for 5/7. Do I open a trouble ticket or take one for the team? What do I do? I don't what any of my purchases reversed for asking for a correction in a flawed system.

My Walmart pay account is linked . prior to maybe 6 system update Walmart receipts could be rescanned and missing items added now it's one and done.  Why was something that was not broken fixed?  How many more app users have had this same issue with linked accounts not accounting for all products and credits reversed for qualifying purchases?

I'm interested in what do you think about this situation? I'm finishing my 🍵  then going shopping. Y'all have a Blessed 🙏 day and stay safe...

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"
22 Replies

Re: Why are my rebates being reversed, Why why why Care Team?

Saipan
Super Saver

@OBSHOP

As @JudeJ  mentioned the other day, they are still working through the bombardment of Thanksgiving Deal redemptions and New/Old User issues gone wrong problems. I would remain patient.

Sometimes even the most succinct typed communication is required more than once to clear a matter. This is especially true if being comprehended by an individual that has English as a second language.

From a technical stand point, some of those discrepancies that arise from the review may occur do to the steps needed for correcting receipts. We  can assume the IB helper just goes in and "checks" the box next to the missing rebate, but it could require more steps and/or a more elaborate process. 

I would sit tight. 

*Edited 

0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

You aren't the only one having issues with Walmart lately. Several times now I purchased things from Walmart that were for a bonus and I never got credit for it. After the third time, I just gave up. It was the 50 cent butterball bonus. I did submit a ticket but the care team couldn't find the item despite me including a photo of the receipt, items and their barcodes. I buy Butterball turkey bacon and sausage all the time. Probably enough this month to earn 3 of those bonuses but for some reason, I never get credit for them. Since it's only 50 cents, I am just letting it go as it takes more time than I want to spend trying to get credit for it. I am hoping that the problems with Walmart is fixed soon. It is better than it was but there are a few more things that aren't working properly that need addressing. I guess I will just be patient and wait for them to fix everything wrong.

Abornick
Shopper

I'm having trouble too now that my Walmart account is linked to my Ibotta account.  I've had offers redeemed and then reversed including a $10 bonus.  It was more accurate when I scanned the barcode on my Walmart receipt.  Now that my accounts are linked, I don't have the option to just scan the receipt.  It makes me want to not use Ibotta anymore.  There must be other apps for saving money.  Any other app suggestions???  I'm not having problems with my other linked accounts (Target, Woodman's, Piggly Wiggly).

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@OBSHOP Phooey! bum deal! 

0 Likes

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@OBSHOP @Abornick @Marethundsabre  It's interesting that you mention this because I've had the exact same problems that you are describing but with redeeming a paper receipt from Kroger.  I thought a paper receipt would cause less problems than a linked account  but apparently not.  Sent screen shots of  everything and was still not credited correctly.  Customer service seemed like English was a second language.  I gave up after multiple emails back and forth with customer service.

0 Likes

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

@OBSHOP 

I don't shop at Walmart unfortunately none close by.  

The only reason I can think that your credit was reverse is because you submit 2 separate tickets instead of one?  It's possible since 2 individuals work on the different ticket and in the process they assume the other corrected the receipt so there is a reversal of items.  Not sure how your response is. But I always find it easier to make wording as simple and easy as possible.  Just lay out everything for them so they don't have to think, investigate and analyze.  Not sure how their system works but I would assume the guarantee way to just get credit is to list everything and point out the missing ones.  Aka "should get total credit of $x but got $x missing $x...." With all your support they don't have to dig to confirm since so many tickets.  But then again I'm not sure how link accounts work.

Good luck.

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@dramaspoiler 

That could have a bearing on the reason my credits were reversed however, each was for a separate product and since this was not the first time this has occurred same issue, both items submitted on single ticket and two items were reversed that had nothing to do with my issue. It's like we missed two, we will give you the two you claimed, and the counter offer we will take two of equal value. So next time you know not to ask for credit for missed rebates. I think this is in need of repair. 

I'm out shopping in Old Navy about to purchase that gift card from Banana Republic for a 7% rebate.

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

I have to give the Care Team a commendation for reversing my previous reversals. Thank Aaditya for correcting this error. Lesson learned give the Care Team an opportunity to make it right and everything will be worked out. Thanks Care Team.

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Glad you finally got credit.

I, for one, believe the problems won't get better if we don't make them fix what is owed.  I have submitted many requests and I try to keep up with them until I am satisfied. 

It would be nice if Ibotta Care could give us credit towards bonuses.  What's the point of offering bonuses when fixing an issue makes that more difficult?  This is high on my list of issues with Ibotta.  Luckily, I don't have many issues right now.