cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY is customer service SO BAD???

MegaRebater
Deal Sharer

Why why why do they only take care of half a ticket?

Example:

- - Please credit me for the following offers and bonuses missing from my earnings:

(2) Cathedral Cheese @ $2.50ea

Completion of the Weekend Whiteboard Bonus @ $5

Completion of the July Level 1 bonus @ $0.50 - -

I had entered $10.50 as the amount I expected to be credited. I was given $5 for the cheese and the bonuses were ignored. This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened. I’m so fed up with how poor the support is. Any suggestions? I usually also include my expected credit total in the description.

0 Likes
16 Replies

Re: WHY is customer service SO BAD???

Dean

Customer Service is a difficult job. There's so many things that go wrong and it's not easy to figure out what happened. And the problem usually resides in an area outside of customer service's responsibility. I think with Ibotta, many of the problems that customer service deals with are a result of the app not functioning properly. I opened a ticket this weekend because I got credit for two items under one offer when I bought just one. This isn't a new issue since others have reported the same thing. I scanned the receipt and 2 was shown for the number of items to redeem. I changed it to 1 and submitted the receipt. I then got credit for 2. I opened a ticket to have it corrected, explaining what happened. The final result was they couldn't see why it happened and said to keep the extra as a reward for being honest. Fine by me but that still didn't resolve the original problem. And I wouldn't be surprised if in the future that extra amount is reversed.

So my thought is that customer service isn't necessarily bad but overburdened by ongoing problems with the apps and other functions. Maybe Ibotta needs to take a breather and focus on correcting these problems. That would help reduce the workload of customer service and improve customer experience.

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.

limsy
Rewards Guide

It's SO WRONG, but

Ibotta doesn't count any offer that was credited manually (as Ibotta Care) toward bonuses.

First - it's totally Ibotta fault that it doesn't recognize legit offers, second - Ibotta punishes us for its own blindness.

Can moderator bring this problem to Ibotta attention?

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Hi @MegaRebater,

I'll reach out to the Care team and see if I can better understand what happened in this instance. Hopefully we can get you taken care of once I know more. 

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Hi @MegaRebater,

So I just checked in with our Care team and it sounds like they got everything corrected and you should be all set now. 

MegaRebater
Deal Sharer

Yes, it is corrected but my question remains - why does this happen so frequently? Is there something else I need to put in my ticket to ensure the whole issue is handled? The mistake is too common for there not to be something else going on. 

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

'Missing credits' is an issue we have as a top priority to resolve. There's already a few things we're doing that will be happening soon to correct this, but in the meantime, when it happens, we do need a ticket to be submitted. Our Care agents are unable to adjust bonus progress. Generally if you make it very clear that you completed certain bonuses then they should be able to credit for the bonuses, however they do this on a case-by-case basis. Some savers have less difficulty with this than others, although I'm not sure why as I don't have access to the ticketing system.

Maybe someone with better success (when submitting for missing credits) can share their method?

Dean

I can say that when I had a missing credits that also affected a bonus, I made sure to include it in the description of the ticket, and the bonus was awarded accordingly. From what I remember, the bonus had expired and could not be adjusted but I was given the amount of the bonus. It’s best to be as descriptive as possible when entering a ticket, and include photos and screenshots to make your point. 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MegaRebater 

Can you please simply cut/paste your whole ticket request details here, redacting anything personal?

I have also had this happen to me many times, and am curious how clear your request was.  I sometimes am baffled at how clear I am, and other times I realize I could have worded it better..

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Dean 

This is a good question. I have also submitted trouble tickets and only received half the results.  Depending on the amount usually less that $1.00 I won't submit a trouble ticket.

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"