cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6 Replies

Re: Biggest Win

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I'm still very new to the deal hunting world. I do know there were some great strategies highlighted in this post, but other than I'd love to hear from others as well!

Tags (1)

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Stacking is the best way I know to save as much as you can.  It takes more work and sometimes it doesn't work, but the rewards are the best.

Stacking comes in multiple levels:

• Store sales - BOGO is a great start to getting something for free.  Find a couple of coupons and you can get very close.
  • Coupons - newspaper, printed, coupons.com app, Swagbucks - Some people get multiple newspapers just for the coupons.
  • Apps - Ibotta, Fetch, Shopkick, Swagbucks, CheckOut 51
  • Rebates - most work digitally now and some will go to PayPal or other payment sites

The more you can stack, the more you can save.  Be aware that some apps don't allow stacking.  Most of the offers in CheckOut 51 do not allow coupons or rebates from other apps.  You need to read the fine print. 

Nique
Deal Ambassador

All of the above, plus have patience. I once heard that everything in the store goes on sale once every four weeks. Wait it out, and you can find exciting deals.

Tags (1)

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

Agree that BOGO is a great way to get deals and money makers. I like publix BOGO sales with printable coupons. My store let's you use one coupon per item, which can be easy money makers. Then I use Ibotta & Fetch, on top of already making money w the BOGO and coupons. 

Tags (1)

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Baylansmommy08

First let me state the obvious after seeing your avatar.  You are an extremely attractive individual 

I personally have my best deals with a kroger sale  item that is also part of their 'buy 5 save $5' sale, has a kroger cash back (KCB), and an ibotta rebate, particularly a mm.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
Tags (1)

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

My favorite was when HT had super double coupons up to $2 which were doubled to $4, stacked with a good sale and a rebate for some great MM. Similar to others stacking multiple apps combined with coupons. Some beer companies also offer mail in rebates if you spend x. A lot of states don’t allow them to include the actual purchase of alcohol so a general store purchase use to work. Hard to find most of these things during the past year. 

My best “deal” was through Swagbucks maybe 7 years ago or so. I joined a panel through a survey that sent me a keurig to test and provide feedback on and provided free coffee of my choice each month. So don’t be afraid of panels and free product offers. Pinchme use to be good. I’m sure others that I’m not as aware of anymore have replaced it.

I would also recommend knowing your stock up price and unless really needing an item not to stock up unless it hits that number. For instance I won’t pay more than $1 for detergent or $2 for a brand I may really want. You may find people have massive stockpiles but when they share their prices for some items they aren’t as low as you may think and at certain prices those deals repeat often enough to not buy a lot at once. Deals do repeat but not every 4 weeks, I’ve seen that debunked and tracked a couple myself, but I would say at least once a quarter.

Tags (1)