Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

CVS DEAL ON FORMER DEAL

Icequeen813
Deal Master

image.jpg

 Yesterday’s Oral b was a MM, so to capitalize on the $14.24 EB rewards. I purchased  Dove& La Colombe  Dove was $10.79, Lattes 2/$5 .Using $14.24 EB rewards, paid $2.10 OOP- IR$3 Dove, $2 Lattes =$2.90 MM

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: CVS DEAL ON FORMER DEAL

Dean

@Icequeen813 

When I first saw this post, I thought it would be have been better in Hauls & Wins or adding to the previous post. So Hauls & Wins it is.

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

cjwoody
Super Saver

@Icequeen813  I thought we only shared deals where rewards are earned, not used to pay.  If you called out the EB on a MM deal yesterday, then should those same EB be called out again on a MM deal today?

Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@cjwoody  I was pointing out how I used yesterday’s deal to make another stacking deal. I didn’t realize there was a  decision how one stacks 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Icequeen813 

You can't count the EB or WC when you earn it and then again when you spend it.  The most accurate way to count it is to do so when you earn it.  Especially because at that time, it is a deal others can replicate providing they use the DQs you have and they have the same ibotta rebates, etc.

You also shouldn't count EB or WC used as payment in a deal and call it a moneymaker without discounting the payment from EB/WC.   This is handled the same way a GC is.  If someone gives me a GC, I can't count that in a deal.  You can mention it and say 'since I already had a $5 GC, it was basically $4 OOP, but it still cost you $9.  You simply paid $5 from a GC and $4 on your CC. 

If I buy $20 worth of stuff and use $10 EB/WC to pay, and end up with a $3 moneymaker, I really spent $13.

TRANSACTION 1:  Let's say I have no EB balance at all.   If I buy $20 worth of stuff and use $6 in DQ, it would cost me $14, but after submitting to ibotta for $8, it has cost me $6.  If I also earn $10 EB, this would be a $4 moneymaker. 

TRANSACTION 2:  I then buy $10 worth of junk the next day, and pay with $10 EB, that does not make it FREE.  That is what you are saying if you count the EB on both transactions.

You paid $6 on the initial transaction after DQ and ibotta.  You have no ending balance EB because you earned it in the first and spent it all in the second.  So the end result of both deals is you spent $6.    It was not a $4 moneymaker total.

Bottom line is when using EB/WC, you have to consider the net increase or decrease in your EB/WC balance when determining the actual cost.  If you use $8 EB/WC as a payment method and earn $3 in a transaction, you have actually spent $5 'cash' net.  You did not earn $3 net.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  I don’t understand … it doesn’t matter… I spent $2.10 OOP this am& got $5 from Ibotta… that’s a deal to me

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Icequeen813 

Yes, of course you are correct.   My son gave me a $100 GC to Best Buy, and I bought a 42-inch TV with coupons and such for $104.35.   I was truly pleased that I got a huge TV, and it was only $4.35 OOP.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Solved! Go to solution

cjwoody
Super Saver

@Icequeen813   The idea is that you called your Oral B deal a MM and today's deal a MM, but if you group those deals together, you're actually in the OOP position.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@cjwoody  My reasoning is I paid $2.10 OOP with cash & Ibotta rebate was $5. As a result of yesterday’s deal,, I capitalized on purchase today. You can remove the post @Dean 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dean

@Icequeen813 

When I first saw this post, I thought it would be have been better in Hauls & Wins or adding to the previous post. So Hauls & Wins it is.

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

Solved! Go to solution

Blair199120
Deal Sharer

I really like the clarity. Seems like you know your stuff. And your explanation above makes total sense. And I really appreciated that there was no typos and everything made sense since you detailed and organized everything very well!