cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVS Haul Jan 20 (incl. 4 Ibotta rebates)

Nique
Rewards Advocate

My first haul post. I've taken pictures in the past, but not shared them here. This was a $4.04 MM!

20220120_160617.jpg

I paid $0.46 at the register + rolled $11 ECB

Got back $15.50:

$8 ECB (Garnier hair masks and face masks)

$7.50 Ibotta ($2 Jergens, $2 Aveeno, $3 Dickinson's, $0.50 Snickers)

Used paper coupons for the Jergens, Garnier, and Snickers), and had $10 in CRTs. Aveeno body wash is on Clearance at one store by me, and the toner is 50% off).

Factoring in the first Garnier face mask I bought earlier this week, it's a $2 MM.

13 Replies

Re: CVS Haul Jan 20 (incl. 4 Ibotta rebates)

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Nique Nice haul! Thanks for the deal ideas. I'm hoping the toner is also 50% off at mine, I'm running out. I see a $5 off $40 (broad items) attach to it. How are the garnier hair mask? I still have some from last deal I haven't tried yet. I keep forgetting about the snickers. 2 for $1.50 w/ IR 0.50 (2) right?

I'm also thinking about L'oreal Elvive. They're 2 for $8 with $2 ECB and $3 DQ. There's also a $4 PQ (exp 1/29). Anyone know if they stack like that? If they stack, it's $1 MM

Trying to build out my shopping for tomorrow but figuring out the deal stacks getting complicated haha

Nique
Rewards Advocate

Thanks @Hazel. It was a quick and easy transaction with no issues. The toner is on sale, so it may just be a matter of it being in stock. The shelf is tagged. Just scan if not. The yellow one didn’t scan in Ibotta, but the purple one does.

The Jergens was what I wanted most. It’s not on sale, but with a $5 off (2) CRT, paper coupons and Ibotta, 2 were only $0.29 ea. A $5 off $30 CRT printed when I made a small purchase the other day, so I put together some scenarios to maximize the savings. Yes, the Snickers are 2/$1.50, and I had $1/2 coupon that I printed weeks ago. I won’t eat them. I added them to meet the $30 threshold, and they were free.

I like the Garnier hair masks. The avocado is my favorite. Watermelon is my least favorite, but that was all the store had. My 2nd favorite store had one other variety, but the Aveeno wasn’t on clearance there.

The Garnier face masks are a good deal: buy 2 get $5 ECB. They cost $3.19-$3.89 by me.

Re: Elvive - the digital and paper coupons may work. I don’t try for those.

Check your Clearance. I have seen and scored some good deals recently.

LizH4011
Core Shopper

Nice haul! I found Aveeno facial cleansers on clearance at Walgreens this week. They were unmarked, but on the clearance rack. I used the price checker and was so excited to find that they were $0.69 each! I bought all three and used a $1 CDC coupon. 

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Nique I wanted to do the Jergens too but didn't have all the right Qs to bring it down enough. $5.29 with $1.50/1 and $1 IR. The Jergens PQ I had expired 1/1/22. I didn't see a new one on recent SS. 

$5/30 seems easier to do. I like that CVS count towards the threshold before the Qs. I have $5/$40 but more selective. I'll probably pass on that and try for simpler deals.

I didn't have enough time at CVS but only Snickers, that was easy. Some IR issue getting the 2nd 0.25 to count. Missed the extra $1/2 Q, that would've been even better.

I heard the Garnier Avocado was good, that's the one I got. 

For the Elvive, there's also a $3/3 (CRT? Btw, what's CRT, I'm too new for all these acronyms lol). Could still be MM but curious on the CDC combo

Nice find on the Aveeno clearance! @LizH4011 

0 Likes

Nique
Rewards Advocate

@Hazel We got new Jergens coupons in a recent Smart Source insert. They expire on 1/29. There was also a printable on coupons .com. You can pick it up at Walmart too. I have not used the app for CVS purchases. Not sure it will work because of the way the receipts read.

CRT means cash register tape. Those are the store coupons that print at the bottom of your receipt, at the red box, and appear in your account on the app every Sunday. Some everyone receives, others are based on what you buy.

I wouldn’t try to hit a high threshold CRT unless I find things I really want. Often I make out better with smaller ones (like $4 off of $12, etc.) One trick is to make a small purchase to see if you get a $5 off of $30, etc. I have gotten one each week for the last three weeks.

Please share your deals if you make it there. We love seeing those.

Saipan
Deal Expert

@Nique

I wish I had more patience to learn Convenience, Value, and Sevice deals and its across the street competitor's. I did have a pretty good online order one time go well. 

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Nique My recent one didn't include any SS, just weekly circulars. Did my neighbors steal 'em? lol

I looked at the CDC, didn't see a printable for Jergens. But good to know that there's some printable alternatives in case I don't have the PQ

CRT, I've heard that term before but I didn't know if they were only CVS store coupon, which I had assumed was the CRT, or both with the digital MFR. Thanks for the clarification!

Yea, I don't usually go for the high threshold CRT unless there's enough to discount them. There's also some smaller ones. The struggle is finding all the right items to piece the puzzle together.

I got 40% off this week, not sure what to use it for. There's also some beauty club mobile exclusive BOGO50%, never seen that one before. For the 40%, I try to match that with IR to make it MM

Still working out the CVS deals trying to do it today if not tomorrow. Will share back if anything works out. Some problems I run into is store price vs online price and inventory or item carry. Some stores don't have them or carry it thus ruining the whole complicated deal especially the ones with overlapping stacks

@Saipan lol is that what it stands for? I never knew what the acronym was

0 Likes

Nique
Rewards Advocate

@Saipan I learned from YouTube videos. It was here on the Community that I heard about a couple of my favorite couponers.

I lived across the street from a CVS for years. Wish I knew then what know now. I hear it used to be better, like many things. It’s play time for me.

@Hazel Use the app or website to check inventory. It’s been pretty accurate in my experience. Also, have a plan B. There is one, maybe two, old conversations here about CVS. It has useful tips.

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Nique Wish it was accurate for my stores. More than a few occasions where it says out of stock but when I went in to check, it was there on the shelf, more than 1. I could've missed the deal! Then there are times where it says in stock but nowhere to be found in-store. Sometimes prices aren't the same. Ahhhhh

Thanks for the heads up on the toner. Picked it up yesterday. There wasn't any signs, but scanning it showed 50% off, cost $4, matched it with $3 IR for $1 OOP. Added the snickers 2/$1.50. Price went over $5 so I was able to use a $5 ECB I've been rolling. $3.50 back from IR so now instead of ECB stuck within CVS, I was able to convert some of them back to cash. Trying to do more of that moving ECB out for cash back. Some of the other complicated CVS deals I tried this week didn't work out. Maybe this Sunday will have better deals