cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVS: Penetrex Joint and Muscle

Nique
Rewards Advocate

I was looking for a way to use my % off CRTs and recoup the OOP. Found this deal.

Penetrex $21.49

After $6 digital, 32% off and 20% off I paid $8.42 and got back $8 for the Ibotta rebate. Total cost $0.42. I would try this product, or share it.

Screenshot_20220927_131714.jpg

11 Replies

Re: CVS: Penetrex Joint and Muscle

mmoore01
Deal Master

Thanks.

I need to go to CVS today because I have Extra Bucks I need to use.  However, I have been told to never use my Extra Bucks with the CVS percent discounts.  The Extra Bucks are subtracted from the item first, then the percentage off.

I still need 22 more before Friday night for the Lucky Strike bonus.  And Hurricane Ian isn't helping.

0 Likes

AshbobSanDiego

Nice. I was able to get it for $0.12 OoP according to the crazy accounting that CVS does. I was able to stack 4 EC offers plus the $8 IR. 
I added the Health Ade Pop drink $1 IR and a Crunch bar $0.25 IR to trigger the $5 off $25 EC plus to add towards the Ibotta Lucky Strike Bonus.  
Also stacked Merryfield $0.26 from the Health Ade brand scanning bonus. 
Extra stack-The wife thinks I was buying this for her since she was complaining about a sore foot. Nope, just trying to close out Lucky Strike!

0043FC02-E8B1-4110-B342-B66820270F2E.jpeg

Nique
Rewards Advocate

@mmoore01 Yes, the percent off CRTs come off last, so if you pay with ECBs you save less.

I get a 32% off every week. I let the previous two expire because I just didn’t want the OOP even though they would have technically been moneymakers. With the way CVS has been lately, I don’t want too many ECBs. You may be able to find some nice clearance to spend down ECBs. 

Please be safe in the storm. I have several friends in the path.

@AshbobSanDiego That’s great, and thanks for the other rebate ideas. I have noticed that the % off has been coming off the higher priced item lately. That’s a nice change.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

The CVS website says Penetrex costs $22.79.  Maybe it is cheaper in store, but not normally.

I got a flyer from CVS this week, but it is for 25% off.  Yours was 33% off.  I don't have a 20% off coupon, unless one gets printed at the machine.

I have over $15 in Extra Bucks, but I know it will reduce my 25% savings.  But I will still get the $8 from Ibotta.

Every time I try to use the percent off coupon, everything gets reduced and I get nothing.  They even gave me the coupon back because it wouldn't take it, even though I had several non-sale items.  I ended up having them do it all over again.  It took about 20 minutes and I got about $5.00.

I may just use my Extra Bucks and forget the 25% coupon.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

@AshbobSanDiego 

How did you get $5 off of $25?  I don't have that offer on my CVS account.

0 Likes

AshbobSanDiego

No clue. That is the CVS coupon algorithm for you. It’s different for everyone. 
this item also had a $4 off $18 In Pain Releif but would not allow me to redeem since I had already used the $5 off $25. 
Check to see if you also have this one. 

3E405878-28E5-4917-9F13-76D35F78969E.jpeg

0 Likes

Amydstotts
Saver

I need to get this for my dad.  I have a 40% off, so it will be $9.29, but still good to me.  The aspercreme is also a good one- $11.79- 40%= $7.07, get $6 ecb for spending $12 and $2 Ibotta.  Even better with your stacking ones.

0 Likes

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@Nique @AshbobSanDiego @Amydstotts @mmoore01 

CVS gurus, could I do this Penetrex deal using all of the below + $8 IR? Or are the 25% and 40% mutually exclusive? Is it worth it to use the $2 ECB I have?
TIA this CVS math makes my head spin!!!! 😵💫

4BD32C3C-5E53-406D-98DC-0A03FECFFDBF.jpeg

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Tikiki 

First of all, I am not a CVS guru.  I have edited my below thoughts after reading Amy's post. after mine.

I was thinking the two %DQs would be mutually exclusive and limited to one per transaction, but @Amydstotts says below that she has stacked them together. 

Also, I'm not sure if the EB comes off first or after the %DQs, but if they come off before, you will be reducing the benefit of your EB, especially when you are stacking %DQs.   If that is the case, you could save it for when you are not using a % off coupon to get a full $2 benefit.  

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"