cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Monday Haul

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

04711F85-5570-46C8-9BD6-A805C95B1B89.jpeg

My plan today was to get mostly items that although not free, I know my family needs or will use up quickly, so I was planning on spending more this time around. However, with some surprise finds I did better than expected! Here is the breakdown:

Store #1- Meijer (the surprise finds today were the vitamins in the clearance section. They were marked at 75% off but then they rang up another 75% off of that! 😱)

Nature’s Truth coconut oil $.38-$1 IB= -$.62

Nature’s Truth e-cream $.56-$2 IB= -$1.44
Alive Vitamins for teens $.78-$2 IB= -$1.22
Mybite vitamins $.81-$2 IB= -$1.19

Veggiecraft pasta 2x$4.49= $8.98-$4.49 DQ-$4 IB= $.49

Tidy Cats litter $12.49-$2 peelie-$3 IB-$.10 IB= $7.39

Store #2- Walmart

Green Giant riced veggies 3x$2.48=$7.44-$5 SB=$2.44

V8 $3.43-$1=$2.43

Air Wick $2.97-$1.50 IP-$.75 IB=$.72

Pokémon Cereal $3.64-$1 IB-$1 F=$1.64

Cheerios w/ Strawberries $3.64-$2 IB-$1 F-$1 PQ= -$.36

Remix $4.98-$1.50 IB-$1.50 F= $1.98

Malt o Meal $4.47+$3.73=$8.20-$4 IB-$5.20 SK= -$1.00

Nestle Splash 3x$1.67=$5.01-$2.25 IB=$2.76 (I was only credited for one but I did put in a ticket)

Store #3 Pick n Save (I was hoping to pick up 5 of the Jarritos for the IB/DQ/KCB stack but they only had 3 left.)

Crunchmaster 2x$3.99=$7.99-$2 DQ-$2 KCB- $2 IB= $1.98

So the total before my bonuses was $16 but then I hit the $.50 Level 1, the Confetti Cash $5, and the MWMM $5. Brings everything down to $5.50. But to top it all off I checked FA before I headed home, and was able to snag 2 paid jobs (one buy & try, so I was reimbursed $3.99 for the product plus $6 plus I got $.75 back from CO51, and a survey for $3). So my grand total came to -$4.25. 
(I also submitted to CDC for the $2 offer for the Nature’s Truth supplement, but I am not sure if they will accept it since I only paid $.56 for it. But if that gets accepted my final grand total will be -6.25 for everything pictured!) 

Tags (1)
15 Replies

Re: My Monday Haul

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Mikosmama

Very impressive.   Was your job Creative Roots?

I am getting ready to go to Meijer.   I will check out some of your items.

Did you add the CDC offer before you purchased?  I did it when I got ome home once and they rejected.

The good thing about your haul is that most are real things that you will use.  @FelskyNY  and I talk about that quite often.  Your deal also demonstrates that if you score some moneymakers, it allows you to pay perhaps a bit more for other things than you prefer.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
Tags (1)

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Mikosmama  You did an awesome job!  I can't believe all the clearance you found - that's fabulous.  And like you, I love adding in a FA job to increase the "profit margin".  I used to shop to get free items and I really have changed my thoughts on that.  Yes, I still include free items, but I no longer buy just for the sake of buying.  Maybe my purchase habits will change again, but for now, I'm happier with the small shops.

My strawberry cheerios offer on Fetch was wyb Strawberrys and since we don't really eat enough of either one, I passed on that. 

As for Walmart, If I passed you in the aisle, I'd share the "Ibotta grin"   For some reason, I keep forgetting the Jarritos. Maybe because I don't eat it, although it is a free offer and I have yet to look for the  Gummy Kittens.

Tags (1)

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

In case you weren't aware, Jarritos are drinks, and about the only one I like is the orange one.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
Tags (1)

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta   Darn - brain not firing on all cylinders yet -  Not the Jarritos.  I was talking about the darn salsa in the can.  I'd go back and delete, but we aren't perfect human beings.

Thanks for the correction. 

Tags (1)

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta , I hope you are able to find some great deals!

Yes, my FA job was the Creative Roots 🤗

And yes, I had selected the CDC coupon as soon as I saw it on the app. So it has been on my list for awhile.

This is definitely my favorite way to shop where getting money makers will cover the cost of other items that I am paying more for. It just makes more sense to me to get more items that my family will use. But that’s what I love so much about Ibotta, that there is such a variety of deals that it is easy to find good deals on very useful items. 

Tags (1)

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY , thank you! 💕 That is so funny, because when I am in Walmart I do that to others when it looks like they’re IB shoppers! When I see people scanning items or their carts are full of IB items, I give them fellow Ibotta-er smile. And they probably just think I’m crazy. 😂

Tags (1)

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY , I want to thank you and @Be-Bop-A-Lula for you introducing me to FA. I have truly been enjoying it!

Tags (1)

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Mikosmama  I'm so glad you are enjoying FA and are able to stack the jobs.  I'll sometimes just go for a FA job, but it almost always ends up with my doing other shopping as well.  Bottle Values had 2 offers in the last week, so that was fun and SUPER EASY.  I can literally walk there, but my neighbors might think something if they constantly see me walking through the neighborhood with a bottle in a paper bag!  Well in this case a box in a bag, but you get the idea. 

Tags (1)

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY , haha, yes! I have never been so acquainted with the local liquor stores and liquor sections of bigger stores! My husband jokes about this too, about how our garage (where I keep all of our extra drinks) would look to other people. But we have both found new drinks we like through and he has been thankful for the jobs I’ve gotten too. 

Tags (1)