cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple/iTunes no longer gives credit. Any ideas from the community?

Apple/iTunes no longer gives credit. Any ideas from the community?

To be clear from the start, I'm not looking for help on missed credit from past purchases. I'm looking for a solution for purchases at iTunes moving forward. Even if it means deleting the iOS app and downloading the one that worked for purchases on iTunes a month ago, if that is an option.

Haven't been credited on over Apple (iTunes) 80 purchases made through the iOS app in the last month.

Previously I'd be credited within a half hour. Then it was changed to after 4 days. But during that 4 days, my purchases would show as pending. For the last month, nothing has happened. No pending, no credits.

I reached out to support, but it appears they are very busy and was hoping that someone in the community might be able to assist with ideas on how to fix this.

I have the latest iOS, and have deleted and re-downloaded the iOS ibotta app. I've verified my phone on the ibotta app. I even went as far as downloading the Chrome extension for my desktop computer, but that doesn't support Apple/iTunes purchases. I've tried making purchases on cellular vs wifi, and that doesn't make a difference either. I've made approximately 1000 purchases on iTunes using the ibotta app over the last 3 years. Haven't changed how I've done it. Something changed either on the app, or on my account as far as I can tell.

Perhaps ibotta simply stopped giving cash back on Apple/iTunes purchases? Has anyone else received a credit in the last few weeks from purchasing something on iTunes? (That would narrow down if it was an app issue, or a account issue on my end.)

Lastly, I know this isn't the place to post. But was hoping that someone in the community would be able to assist. To be clear, I can still make iTunes purchases through the iOS app. Was hoping one of the developers or someone in support might see this and state that this is a problem that they were aware of, are working on, or purchases through the ibotta app at iTunes is no longer supported. As stated in the first paragraph, I'm just looking for a solution for iTunes purchases moving forward. Hopefully, with ibotta.

9 Comments
mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I am not sure this is the right forum for this discussion.  This is for ideas for the Ibotta app.

However, I think there is a problem.  I did a search of itunes in the Ibotta app.  Two items pop up:

1. Retailer - iTunes - When I select this item, it says "Opps.  Sorry, we couldn't find that Retailer."
  2. Offers - iTunes - 1% back. When I select Shop for this Offer, it says "Couldn't launch website There's a known problem with this offer and we're working on it.  Try checking back tomorrow."

If you were able to make a purchase before these items were 'disabled', you should be eligible for the rebates.

My take is that Ibotta is working on the problem.  As it states above, keep trying.   

Dana
Deal Expert

Read the fine print on it they changes it to exclude things.

tbotzon
Rewards Hunter

I made two purchases Sunday 12/6 and did not get my credit

Dana
Deal Expert

@mmoore01  if your using an android you will not get the itunes offer. It's apple devices only that will work.

vertov
Rewards Hunter

This is happening to me as well on iOS, 100% exactly as you described in the original post.  I heard back from Ibotta support today finally, but they just seem like they're going to credit.  No response on what is actually happening.  Like you, I just want to know if it starts working again.  Thought I'd comment just so that you'd know at least one other person is seeing what you're seeing.

vertov
Rewards Hunter

Wanted to report back that Ibotta support got back to me and the relevant statement was:

"Thank you for writing in about your iTunes order. At this time, we are experiencing a delay in reporting from this retailer."

They very kindly credited me the missing money.  Still bugs me that it isn't "right" and I did miss out on a big bonus as a result of not trusting that I could get credit from iTunes, but I suspect they're in a holding pattern until this gets figured out...

vertov
Rewards Hunter

Thinking iTunes was on its way out and Ibotta front-line support wasn't clued in.  (Or maybe Ibotta themselves weren't clued in.  Not like Apple wouldn't just change something like that...). Bummer - I liked that deal.  Oh, well.  Apple is pushing streaming services, but I like control over my music and for DRM to not just yank it on me.

Credit to the Ibotta staff once again for making it right.  Just wanted to follow up again on the thread.

Ryanmulen
Rewards Hunter

So is the offer gone now?

vertov
Rewards Hunter

Right now it is.  They moved the offer to a discount to Apple Music.  I'm suspecting Apple is slowing promotion of iTunes anyway.  They want people to move to the streaming model. More money for them...