cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDEA: Customer Service by Live-chat

IDEA: Customer Service by Live-chat

Has ibotta ever considered using a customer service live-chat option for resolving issues?

It feels like such a prolonged project to submit a ticket, only to have it only 1/2 resolved the first time. Then needing to resubmit and be required to return to the back of the cue.

If the rep does not understand our question(s), we could clarify instantly (if on live-chat). 

If live-chat were an option for resolving app issues, it seems that BOTH Customer Service AND Ibotta User could cover more ground in less time/effort.

6 Comments
mmoore01
Deal Expert

There was a time when there was a chat feature in Ibotta.com, but I don't know what happened to it.  It was a couple years ago, if I remember correctly.

ScottyS
Former Ibotta Employee
Status changed to: Investigating

SMBrott
Shopper

I agree to this.  This should be offered or at least offered after a ticket has been open for so long.  Right now if I could have live chat on my current issue that the 13 responses refuse to deal with I would so appreciate someone who can help me.  I seriously don't want to Ibotta and refuse to refer people to it till it happens.  It seems that people either have really good luck or they have really bad luck.... I seem to have the second.  I gave up for a while but wanted to try again and this try again has turned into a nightmare. 

So long story short YES there should be something like Amazon chat where someone can talk to an agent and they can pull up the ticket that is currently pending and work through the issues that seem to not get answered.

RRL626
Shopper

Does iBotta support read these?   This idea was posted 2 months ago, yet only other members have stated their support.

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I read them, and ScottyS was an employee when they updated the status to "Investigating", so they likely inquired about it at the time. I'm asking about it now, I'll post an update.

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Ok so we did test out a live chat option briefly in the past and it seemed to be well received. We're currently evaluating the best way to bring it back soon.